Followers

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Snowdrops...well nearly!!!

Good morning all.
It's gone really cold again...still it is winter so I suppose it should be... And it's not as bad as Europe. Germany and Austria are having blizzards and even Athens has seen a small amount of the white stuff so I reckon we have it good really. Looking back at memories on facebook it is 9 years since we got so much snow it caused schools and businesses to close and a snowman appeared in the middle of our road! It's great to look at but when you need to get about it's a nightmare. 

I had a little look round our garden today. After the work done on Sunday it looks a lot lighter now the hedge has been lowered and  whilst I was looking at that I also noticed that the snowdrops are already up and nearly in flower.  I am sure its a bit early but it's been so mild over Christmas I am not surprised to see things so advanced in the garden. Other things are showing signs of coming back to life too.

So I thought I would share with you a card from last year made with the Art Nouveau Snowdrops groovi plate and the Shenandoah designer paper. 


I do still class myself as a stamper rather than a parcher but I enjoy using the groovi plates as it is easy to pick out specific parts of the plates. With a stamp it would mean a lot of masking to do any thing like this. It makes the plates really flexible with what you can create. If you haven't yet plucked up the courage to have a go at groovi it's well worth considering it as a craft. Very relaxing and can be done anywhere!

Anyway enough of my ramblings! 
Hope you have a great day.
Happy crafting 
Love and hugs xxxx



3 comments:

  1. Love this Jane. I really must get stuck in and play with my huge stash of groovi stuff, there is always something else to do though, lol. I think that is one of my most favourite backing papers too, the rest of the pad isn't bad either. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jane. I can do without snow as well.

    ReplyDelete