Followers

Saturday 19 January 2019

Blackbird's song

Good morning all. Lots to do again today including packing my crafty stuff ready for Maria's workshop in Preston tomorrow. I love going. It's a day which is filled with inspiration and lots of fun. I get to craft all day with my friends so we have lots of chat too! 

I also want to wish a lovely lady a very happy birthday today ! Dawn if you read this, I mean you! xxx

The artwork I am sharing today is the last one from Maria's shows last Wednesday. On the face of it you think its just the plate grooved out as it is but I have actually made it bigger to fill an A5 card. I also picked out a little bird from the other plate and added music notes to make him sing! Maybe he's singing Happy Birthday to Dawn! xx

Here's the card and below you will find the instructions if you fancy having a go at it!


Ingredients.

Nested rectangle plate GRO-PA-40524-04

Be still and listen plate GRO-WO-40271-02

The Earth has Music plate GRO-WO-40270-02

Perga colours

Northern Lights Papers


1. On Plain parchment  Create a frame using the 2nd & 3rd rectangles.
2. Position the words in the centre of the frame and emboss the letters only NOT the frame around it. Fill in the gaps by moving the plate around and just finding a line that helps you.
3. Use the rectangle plate to emboss a frame around the words and then fill the frame with squares using the lines on the rectangle plate to get it even.
4. Fill the bottom section with flowers and the add the birds to the top section. Add a small bird from the other plate to the top of the flowers.
5. Add white feathers to the wings of the birds by embossing them free hand.
6 Add colour to the reverse using Perga colours. Use the fine end of the pen to add music notes on the front.
7. Perforate and cut waste from around the edge. Attach to a piece of designer paper using brads then mount on a card blank. 

Anyway I am off to do some crafting 
Have a great day whatever you do. If you can take a few moments to write a comment I love to read them.

Happy crafting 


6 comments:

  1. Love this Jane. Thank you for my birthday wishes and my lovely card. I am a very lucky lady to have special friends like you. Xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever way to expand a Groovi plate to fit a bigger area Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linking forward to tommorrow too. Been faffing around on what to take for about 2 hours now. Can't make up my mind. Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely card Jane. Wish I could get to one of Marie’s workshops. Hope to one day. . Happy Saturday even though it’s not a very nice day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a good day with Maria, if you doing the same as we did a couple of weeks ago you will enjoy. Beautiful piece of artwork love the little bird singing. xx

    ReplyDelete