Followers

Tuesday 15 January 2019

I've got Sunflowers on my mind!

Hello all! Thank you for dropping in again! Today I am getting a few jobs done then later I have my PTC swap to sort out! I have a few ideas floating round in my head but once I get playing all that can change! My groovi stuff usually does that.... I start off with a basic plan in my head then it evolves and the more you play with the plates the different possibilities emerge. 
What's a PTC? I here you ask. Well it's the parchment equivalent of an ATC or artists trading cards. They are small pieces of beautiful art work that were traditionally swapped instead of a business card. SO a PTC is 3.5inches x 2.5 inches. You can also do a round one 2.5 inches in diameter which is known as a coin. So they are great to practice your skills on and also to use up small pieces of parchment that us crafters just cannot throw away! Whatever happens I will have some fun doing them. I just hope my partner in the first swap will like what I do! 
You can find details of the swap on the Facebook page Groovi Worldwide. Josie Davidson designed some great plates to help with these and she is organising the monthly swaps.

I also want to have a go at making some sunflowers out of icing. I have seen the most beautiful wedding cakes with sunflowers on them and if I can get the flowers anything like those I will be happy! I am sure once I get playing I will be able to do them. I just need to get the colours right! 

The artwork I want to share with you today is one I made back in October using the Hidden Hares plates. It's not a PTC but it's still an easy one to do. I used  the Hares in the Meadow plate for this one. 




Ingredients.
Hare In a Meadow plate GRO-AN-41108-03
Nested square extension plate GRO-WO-40538-15
Pots and Vases Baby Plate GRO-FL-40217-01
Semi Square Perforating tool
Brighton Rock Designer Paper


1. Working on plain parchment emboss the double lined frame which is the 9th and 10th squares on the plates. Emboss the three plant pots and flowers . Emboss the bird.

2. On the reverse add colour with blendable pencils.
3.Semi - Perforate around the frame with the semi square tool. Emboss a zigzag in the perforations then re perforate. Cut waste from around the edge and within the perforations.
4Attach to a  piece of designer paper cut to a 14cm square with brads then attach to a 6x6 card blank.

Hope you have a great day whatever you get up to.
If you like todays artwork please leave me a comment below!
Happy crafting. 












7 comments:

  1. Good luck getting your sunflowers right Jane. Beautiful card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful makes and giving us these step by steps, so helpful.. Stunning work thanks again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and happy card. Sunshine even though it is dull and miserable outside. Thanks for sharing it with us and thank you for your visit to me today and your lovely comments. There are so many things you can do with each plate, far more than you might think at first look. When you think that Barbara goes for at least five ways of using everything. we should all be looking harder at out stash, as you have done with this one. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jane, love sunflowers, wishing you good luck with them too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design Jane. I have posted my PTC this morning as it had to go to Spain. As you say it just evolved as like you that is usually what happens with my designs. Enjoy creating yours, looking forward to seeing everyones creations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane
    This lovely springlike happy card is just what I needed today. Once again showing us what the semi square can do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Jane. Makes me feel like Spring is just around the corner. Fingers crossed. Hope you can get your sunflowers sorted for tbe cake too. Xx

    ReplyDelete