Followers

Saturday 12 January 2019

A gem of a circle

Good morning all. It's another cold and grey day here ...one of those days where it never really gets properly light. It's not raining but it just feels damp! I do hope it picks up a bit. It would be nice to see a bit of brightness! 
So today I will have to make my own sunshine and have a play with some inky stuff. I might even get the paints out. I have put away the groovi stuff for now as I need some messy play time. I think those of you who are stampers but who have found parchment art through Groovi will understand exactly where I am coming from there. Don't get me wrong though... I love doing the parchment art but every now and again I need messy play!

That said the piece of artwork I want to share with you today is a piece of groovi artwork. It uses the Henna Dreamcatcher plate and the Henna Droplets plate both designed by Tina Cox. I also used my favourite perforating tool to create the edge


Here is a list of the things I used and what I did.


Ingredients.
Nested Square GRO-PA-40037-03
Semi square Tool PER-TO-70021-XX
Perga Liners (blendable pencils) PER-CO-70063-XX

1. Working on Plain parchment emboss the half circle but leave out the dangles and also the straight edge line. Turn the parchment and line up the half circle to be able to emboss a full circle.
2. Emboss the two largest squares around the circle so it is evenly in the centre. Use the droplet plate to add the corner details.
3. Emboss white work to the design as shown. On the reverse add colour but not to the centre circle. On the frame blend the colours with dorso oil to get a smooth effect.
4. On the front using the blendable pencils create a gem and finish with white pen/ink
5. Perforate in the corner detail with a bold 2 needle tool and around the frame with the semi square.  Cut away waste.
6. Mat onto blue card using brads then attach onto a card blank.


I hope you like todays card and if so please leave me a comment here. 
Happy crafting 






xxx

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Jane. I especially love the faux gem in the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Jane. Your gem is wonderful. It is nice to have messy play every so often. Look forward to seeing whatever you create. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project Jane, love the gem! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your messy play, look forward to seeing what you create but also love this groovi piece. I have yet to try this but it is on my to do list. Sue C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Jane. What size is the finished piece, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful card Jane must have taken a long time. Which tool did you use for the edges ? These dull days are awful. So good to see something nice. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the semi square tool. It is listed in the ingredients with the product code on the claritystamp website. I think it's such a pretty edge. But I know it can do other edges too! Xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely work, Jane. I like that semi-square tool too. I know what you mean about needing messy play. I did mine yesterday so I am back to parchment again today. I have just drawn the circle for a gemstone too. Enjoy your messy day. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane
    This is gorgeous work. I also love the design around the edge so might have a look at it on the webside. Although it is nice to see what different tools do, like this, to appreciate what they can do.
    If you don’t mind I might try a version of this myself when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work Jane - I didn't get chance to play yesterday but only working til 1 o'clock and the afternoon is all mine. Have fun with messy play xx

    ReplyDelete