Followers

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Nellie in the flowers

Good morning all. I am glad you could pop in again today. It's cold innit! We have a sprinkle of the white stuff outside....it just looks like someone has been out with the icing sugar and given everywhere a dusting! I don't have much planned for today as I have plenty of secret stuff to do so it's all about staying safe and warm today. 
Did you read Barbara Gray's blog yesterday? It featured a card made by Barbara Lancaster using the elephant stencil! I think it's a brilliant stencil and I have used it a lot! And at the moment its on offer over at Claritystamp...well for a couple more days it is! 
So I thought I would show you one of my creations using the stencil and using the same flower stamps as I used on yesterdays blog. 
Here is the card and below are the usual ingredients and instructions should you decide to have a go!


Ingredients.
Artistry inks (Selection of bright colours)
Pergamano Blending pen PER-AC-70303-XX
Black fine liner pen
Sparkle pen
Black Sharpie Pen

1. Working on 7x7 stencil card attach the elephant stencil near the bottom of the card using low tack tape to keep it in position. Brush yellow ink into areas of the stencil then pink then blue overlapping the colours. Finally without adding more ink brush over with the yellow to ensure all the shape is covered. Remove the stencil and edge the shape with a fine liner.
2. Stamp the birds and dragonflies on in place. Stamp a selection of flowers at the base of the card over the stencilled elephant then use the solid stamps to fill in the colour on the flowers. Stamp the stems and leaves.
3. Using a blender pen and nibs add colour to the birds, dragonflies and leaves using artistry ink and water to help blend.
4. Edge the card with black sharpie pen and attach to a card blank. Add sparkle pen to the dragonflies' wings.

Hope you have a great day whatever you decide on doing. Stay safe and warm.
Happy Crafting 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. So pretty and I love the way you have added the flowers. Think I am going to have to get this stencil out again. Stay warm Jane, very cold here as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, such a great combination of colours. You have inspired me to have a go myself. Very cold here, took a walk first thing just in case the snow does come, don't want a repeat of what happened to Steve, so will stay warm and cosy if it does snow! Have a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jane. Lovely colours and great combination of stencil and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card Jane. Might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Colours. I must start using my stencils. With that technic I might be able to create something beautyful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colours on the elephant, makes a great card for any age.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the coloursyouve used on the elephant. An all rounder for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Jane. So bright and cheerful. Beautiful colours and love those cheeky birds too. Xx

    ReplyDelete