Followers

Saturday 26 January 2019

Baby Jane


Hello all and welcome to my blog again!
I have had to have a break from doing my blog for a couple of days as I had other things I needed to prioritise but I hope you won't mind that! It's been a great week as far as Clarity is concerned and a busy month a head too and January isn't over yet!
Colin has been sorting out some paperwork and putting our new shredder to good use. It's one of those that almost minces the paper up so no chance of anyone getting out personal details from our discarded post! He has found lots of interesting things in with our pile of paperwork including baby pictures of me and my brother. The only difference in them is that mine are black and white and Andrew's are in colour! He also found a photo of my mum when she was 10. So lovely. I want to get a frame for that one. 
Anyway my baby phot was sitting on the table when I started to do my samples for Paul's show using the fabulous plates designed by Linda Williams. So it gave me the idea to turn one of the plates into a frame. I scanned my picture in to my PC and then printed it out to the size I wanted 
Here is the finished card with the instructions as usual below.



Ingredients.

Linda's New arrival plate - Bottles and rattle GRO-CN-41162-03

Mini semi circle perforating tool  PER-TO-70034-XX

Perga Colours exclusive

White blendable pencil

Dorso oil

Baby Photo

ribbon


1. On plain parchment emboss the bottom part of the plate up to the bottles then extend the lines to fit the photo and emboss the ribbons and bows to create the frame for the picture.
2. Emboss whitework as shown on the design.
3. Add colour to the reverse using the Perga colours. Use a white pencil to colour the bottles and blend with dorso oil.
4. Semi perforate with the mini semi circle tool around the 3 straight sides. Emboss a semi circle in each one then reperforate. Perforate around the scallops and inside the frame with the bold 2 needle tool. Cut away waste.
5. Position the picture in the frame and attach with a tiny dot of Perga glue.
6. Attach to a piece of glitter card with brads and red liner tape behind the photo. Mount on a card blank. Add a ribbon to the front.

 You could easily change the colour to blue for a boy. 
Please let me know what you think by leaving a quick message below. 
Have a great day what ever to get up to.
Happy Crafting

4 comments:

  1. Love this Jane. I am not surprised you went with pink as the photo is in black and white though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one as soon as I saw it on the show. Thanks for sharing the instructions with us. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jane. A good clear out of paperwork is great, I did it last year. Our shredder worked overtime. Great when you find old treasured photos though. xx

    ReplyDelete