Followers

Thursday 17 January 2019

Hares on the Green

Hello and thank you for dropping in!
It's been really cold here today but bright blue sky and sunny so that makes you feel better. It reminds you that spring is on the way and although it's cold you can wrap up against that. It was pleasant to have a walk up to the post office this morning with some more secret stuff...soon to be revealed! 

And I have a date with my daughter to go shopping for wedding items! OOO its all getting very exciting!! I think the next 6 months will go very quickly! I really must get on with designing a card …. I have plenty of choice as far as stamps, stencils groovi and even dies!

The artwork I an sharing with you today is one of the samples I made for Maria's shows yesterday. Wasn't she brilliant? I do love her style and she's such a fab teacher. But more than that she's a good friend too!
Anyway the plates we had to work with were fabulous as always so it's not hard to end up with a good card! Even if I say so myself! 

This one was worked on green parchment and had a second layer of plain underneath it 
So here it is. 


Ingredients.

The Earth has Music plate GRO-WO-40270-02

Tina's Doodle flower plates 1& 2 GRO-FL-40806-02

Nested Scalloped Rectangle GRO-PA-40587-04

Sentiments Spacer (harmony) GRO-WO-40655-06

Diagonal Basic Groovi Border Piercing Grid GRO-GG-40383-14

Green and plain parchment

1. On green parchment  emboss  the Earth has music plate but leave out the words. In the space where the words would go, emboss the sentiment and then fill in with flowers, leaves and dragonflies from the doodle flower plates.
2. Emboss white work to the flowers  and tails of the hares. Fill the hares and the birds with dots using the diagonal plate.
3. Perforate around the edge and cut away waste. Put to one side.
4 On plain parchment and using the scalloped rectangle create a frame to fit the green piece. Perforate and cut away the waste.
5. Layer up the plain and green parchment and then attach to a piece of green card using white brads. Mount on a card blank.

Anyway enough of my drivel. Please feel free to leave a comment . I like to know what you think of my artwork!

Have a great evening 

Happy Crafting


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jane. They were great shows weren't they? Having to sit on my hands at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have used the plates & the added texture to the birds & hares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a stunner Jane, as always! You make me blush mate, thank you for your kind words.
    You are a top top friend!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jane. I recorded Maria’s programmes to watch later. Love how you’ve infilled with dots.
    I agree that Maria is a fab teacher. I’m hoping I can get to a class with her next month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card great textures brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete