Followers

Friday 11 January 2019

A bit of a grey day!

Good morning bloggers. It's a grey day here today! Well actually it's still quite foggy. I hope it lifts very soon...it makes everything feel damp and cold. 
Are you feeling well and ready for the weekend? I do hope so! I have plenty to keep me busy at the moment what with secret stuff and wedding stuff I won't have time to be bored!
Today's artwork is a simple one done for German QVC the last time. I think the weather at the time I made this was my inspiration. 
I used the wee folk set... I think this figure looks so forlorn so I decided to use just grey black and white. 
I dripped grey ink using a brush down the card. I then used an old tooth brush to flick more ink at the card. 
I brushed the same grey ink across the bottom to create the ground. I dried it with a heat tool then added more grey ink to add texture. I gave it another blast from the heat tool then stamped the figure and added a shadow with a makeup sponge and dragged ink away from him. The card was edged with a black sharpie then mounted on a card blank. 

I hope your day is brighter than this card. 
Have a great day whatever you do and if you can spare a couple of minutes please leave me a comment here. 
Happy crafting 
Jane Telford
Xxx 

6 comments:

  1. love the effect on this card, the sun is peeping through here & there are little bits of blue in the sky. Hope your day gets better as the fog lifts. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gives the impression of a very wet day. Not your usual bright colours Jane but lovely all the same. Hope you have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to surprise you every now and again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this wee stamp. It is so effective on the back ground.
    Have a lovely weekend. I am going a ceilidh tomorrow night, but won't be dancing much as Hubbie is in the band!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smart using the toothbrush. Sun was shining here in Denmark today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So effective Jane and the perfect setting for this character.

    ReplyDelete