Followers

Wednesday 16 January 2019

An experiment!

Hi everyone and welcome to another blog!
It's our shopping day on a Wednesday so I was up and out early. I'm so glad that Asda has an undercover carpark as the weather is not at all good today. It's wet and going really cold... Need the thermals on again. I just hope that the rain doesn't turn to snow! When we got back I had a bit of admin to sort out and photos to take so I could get some samples packaged up. They need to go in the post tomorrow. 
I got my PTCs done yesterday but I've not attempted the icing sunflowers...I realised I didn't have the right icing to do them. So that's something I need to do. 
So I had a play with a technique that Eileen Godwin had highlighted. Eileen had seen it on a you tube channel called Treasures of many by a girl called Natalie. Its a brilliant channel and her videos are so easy to follow.I also found other you tube videos of it including one by Tim Holtz. It's using oxide inks on shiny card. I have to say that Natalie's technique of using the baby wipe is genius. So I thought I'd have a bit of a play and use the same colours on different types of shiny card. 
Very interesting! !! I used fossilised Amber, festive berries and salty ocean for the inks and the card I used was the clarity coated card, chromo card that clarity also sell and some bog standard photo card. 
You must dry the surface in between each addition of ink. And once all the colour is on the card use a baby wipe to reveal the final colour and bring back the shine. 
Here are the results! 
 I was amazed at how the ink reacted so differently on each type of card. I have now got 3 lovely backgrounds to use another time! 
Anyway I'm off to play some more! 
Have a great day whatever you're doing! 
Happy crafting. 

6 comments:

  1. Amasing. All 3 looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got caught in a real downpour this morning. went into the doc's in brilliant sunshine and came out to a very wet world. Like your future backgrounds wonder what you will make with them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jane, these are brilliant. Such vibrant colours and what a fantastic idea. Like Lynne, I will be excited to see what you use them for. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks an interesting technique to have a go at. that might be for next week after I have done some more sorting out. thanks for sharing it with us, Jane. xx Maggie (Silvercrafter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW they look fabulous, must have a try of this technique Jane, thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 different finishes just by changing card. Thanks for sharing Jane.

    ReplyDelete