Followers

Monday 7 January 2019

Our Happy Home



Good afternoon all
I hope today finds you well.
I am just getting ready to watch Paul on Hochanda getting creative with some smashing dies. They are firmly on my wish list especially after seeing Barbara's demos so far.

It's really miserable and wet here. I just managed a quick walk up to the post office earlier to get a couple of urgent things in the post and made it back just as it started to chuck it down again.
Colin is wanting to get in the garden to sweep up after the hedge and tree were taken down yesterday but it's too wet to do that. It was a bit late when the guy finished yesterday but the hard work is done and mostly cleared away so that's the main thing.

The artwork I will share with you today is using one of my favourite images. It came out first as a stencil then has been turned into stamps, groovi and dies. This piece uses the stamps which are 3 way overlay stamps. I used distress stains to colour this one! I have included the ingredients and simple instructions on how it is made.

 


Ingredients.

Town 3-way overlay stamp set
Mini word chains, Our Happy Home
Distress stains - lucky clover, salty ocean, Candied apple, mustard seed


1. Working on stencil card cut 17cm x 10cm stamp the line art stamp in black archival. Ink up the infill stamp in brown archival and rest it on copier paper to remove a bit of ink then stamp it in the image offsetting it slightly. On the outfill stamp rub the stamp with the distress stains and use to fill in the image. Add more colour on this stamp if needed but try to leave some white spaces in the image. Let this dry.


2 Use the distress stains to create splats over the image and around it. Let this dry.


3. Edge with a black sharpie pen and attach to a card blank.


Have a great day whatever you are doing. Please leave me a comment here.

Happy Crafting 




3 comments:

  1. I have a passion for bright and vibrant colour - so this is right up my street! Love it Jane. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous I love this very much :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jane. I love these stamps too.

    ReplyDelete