Followers

Sunday 21 June 2020

Gel plate and parchment?

Good afternoon! Well just when you thought it was safe, here I come again with another project for you to perhaps have a go at. This combines a Gel press print and a bit of parchment …..not something that you often put together. 

Before that I thought I would share with you that it is 7 years almost to the day that Barbara asked me to be on her team. I tell you that you could have knocked me over with a feather on that day. Since I joined I think my artwork has developed and improved but I have certainly tried things that I would never have done without me being on the team. Parchment craft is definitely something that I know I would never have done without the Groovi system. 
I certainly have had an amazing journey so far with being on the design team and met so many people along the way some who I have become very good friends with. It's amazing that crafting can bring you all that.

Anyway enough waffle. Here is the project for this blog.



Ingredients. 
Leafy swirl stencil 
Dotty wave stencil 
Groovi border word chains 17 and 18 GRO-WO-41176-09 
Groovi border word chains 19 and 20 GRO-WO-41177-09 
Brown acrylic paint 
Gel Press


1. Brayer the paint onto a 6x6 gel press and add the leafy swirl stencil and the dotty wave stencil on top. Blot areas with copy paper. Remove both stencils and print on to stencil card. Leave to dry. 

2. Using a piece of parchment that is 21cm x 7cm emboss the sentiment in the middle of this. Colour on the reverse using a brown perga colour. Tear the top and bottom edges of the parchment and wrap this around the card at an angle Stick on the back with tape. 

3. Mat onto a piece of brown card and mount on a card blank.

You could change the look simply by using a different colour of paint.

I hope you have enjoyed the recent blogs. Please let me know what you think.

1 comment: