Followers

Monday 14 January 2019

Owl be seeing you!

Good morning to you! 
At least for the moment it has stopped raining although for how long I am not sure. It would be nice to have a bit of brightness now! I am not wanting hot sunshine....just a bit of warmth! 
I had a really productive day yesterday and certainly my hands looked as though they had been spending a day crafting....I had paint and ink out so you can appreciate things got messy! Ace!

I thought I would share something a bit different today. This was done when the 3 way overlay stamps came out for the first time! They are really an innovation and since that first set we have had a lovely collection of this style of stamps! and as a bonus there is usually a stencil to match too! 

I used the fossil leaf stamp and stencil set for this project. Well I actually used the stencil only for this.


I had bought this MDF shape ages ago and can't actually remember where it came from. 
I painted it with gesso and let it dry.
I wanted the surface to look like feathers so I used the stencil on different areas of the owl adding texture paste through the stencil and drying it as I went with a heat tool. You need to use a less fierce tool or the texture paste bubble!
Once I had covered the surface I left it overnight to dry properly. 
I used acrylic paint to add colour and dry brushed with inkagold over some areas.
I drew onto a card the area where the eyes and beak were and then coloured these with promarkers. This was stuck on the back so you could see the eyes and beak  through the holes in the MDF shape.
I added flowers to the owl and that was it finished

Have a great day whatever you are doing and  please let me know what you think of the owl by leaving a comment here.

Happy Crafting 




10 comments:

  1. Very effective. Love the way you have done the eyes. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your leafy owl, such a cute face. I use stencils a lot for all sorts of things and this one is very successful. Sometimes, I actually like the bubbled texture of the paste, just a different way of using it. Thank you for your visit and comment today. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks great Jane. love the effect of the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love owls Jane, yours is so inspiring. Now to find a blank to see if I can make anything anywhere near as wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Jane. This is one to be really proud of. hope you are displaying it somewhere deserves to be on show. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool idea Jane. So outside the box but perfect for the MDF shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's brilliant Jane. I bet you enjoyed making it. There's nothing to beat a bit of messy play. X

    ReplyDelete