Followers

Sunday 13 January 2019

We want it in Stamps!!! PLEASE!!!!

Good morning all. Well the weather is awful today! Wet, wild and windy! It certainly isn't the day to venture out very far!
As most of you know ( and if you didn't you do now) when I joined Barbara's fantastic design team it was as a stamper. I loved to use the brayer and other methods to create cards using stamps and then stencils. I had had no intention of ever doing parchment....but that's another story! 
When I get my groovi plates I still look at them through a stampers eyes....if this were a stamp what would I do with it? is the question I often ask myself. So when a stamper sees a great design done only in groovi they appreciate its beauty but wish they could have it in stamp form too. Now nearly always  the designs are coming out in all forms that Clarity produce. Stamps , Stencils, Groovi and Dies. This means everything can match which appeals to my OCD side. 
I wanted to do a full dream catcher but the stamp I was using is a half circle one. In groovi it's easy to pick out the bits you want and avoid the bits you don't. But in stamping its a bit more difficult and takes a bit of thought! But it can be done with masking techniques and here is the artwork I did with it. As you can also see the gems can be done on card as well as on parchment.





Ingredients.
Tina's Henna Dream catcher set
Dream Wordchain 5  - ST-WO-10052-XX
Perga Liners (blendable pencils) PER-CO-70063-XX


1. Working on Theuva card trim to 9½cm x 19cm then mask the dangles off the stamp and the central line. Ink the stamp up then remove the masking and stamp so the curved edge is up.  Mask just the centre line now , ink up the stamp remove the mask and stamp so they join and make a circular shape. Use a fine liner to disguise the central lines.

2. Stamp the border top and bottom and add the word.

3. Using the blendable pencils colour the gem adding highlights with a white pen. Colour in the rest of the image as shown.

4. Mat onto black card and then mount onto a card blank.

I hope you have a great day whatever you are doing. Please let me know what you think of todays artwork by leaving a comment below.
Happy Crafting 




14 comments:

  1. I bloody love this Jane. Great colours and lovely layout too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fantastic Jane... Just wish I could produce such fine work. Thanks for such detailed instructions x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jane and you explain it really clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. Love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Jane!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s beautiful Jane, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super card Jane. 2019 is the year I retire so hope to have loads of time for crafting. Keep your blogs coming - we all love to see what you have been doing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Jane. Not easy to mask and intricate shape like that, lots pf wprl. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful Jane. Lovely way to spend a wet and windy day. We have had friends over for lunch and a long overdue catch up. Guy's godmother so they came over with baby as well. xx

    ReplyDelete