Followers

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Monochrome

Good Afternoon! Well I can't believe it's 1st April already! The year is just flying by!
And as ever with the new month comes a new Clarity Challenge. Last month we had loads of fabulous entries and it is getting harder and harder to pick out the best! I could have had a top 20! But well done to the winner and to the top 5 when they are announced.

This month you have to decide on a colour you would like to use and only use that! or tones of it! Along with any Clarity stamps of course. 
I decided to use the Adirondack eggplant ink pad along with the bunnies set of stamps to create a card. So here it is!
I have been given an inkadinkado circle and cog and I thought I would have a play with that too for this card. 
I started off on a piece of A4 paper to see how it worked out.
I then got a piece of  A4 theuva card and marked the centre for the cog to go. 
I stamped in first generation ink on every other notch then with second generation ink on the notches I had missed out. So my circle was complete.

I then stamped the bunnies in place and covered them with a mask so I could create the background. I added a moon mask above the bunnies heads. Using a makeup sponge and torn paper I added some ink so that the bunnies looked like they were in a field with hills behind. I was careful not to go into the grassy circle! I then trimmed the card to a square so that the circle was in the centre. I removed the masks of the moon and bunnies and brushed over the scene with one of the clarity brushes just to take the white off the bunnies and the moon. I tried to avoid their tails!
I stamped the grasses into each corner and brushed ink over the corners to add an air brushed effect to the edges of the card. I then matted and layered it on to dark purple card then a paler purple before mounting it onto an 8 x 8 card blank.

Hope you like my card but you must also take a look at the rest of the design teams projects. They have excelled themselves again! If you click on the link to the Challenge blog then onto their card it should take you to their blogs so you can see what a talented bunch they are.

Then its your turn...and don't forget there is a prize of £50 to be had to spend with Claritystamps.

Happy Crafting







14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Jane I love eggplant and you have excelled here its a beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jane. Such a beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I thought about getting a cog but was not sure if I would use it much, beginning to think I should have gone for it after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jane, and what a great present you were given...I am looking forward to seeing all creations this month....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! I'm with Jo... great present and I'm sure you're really going to enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Jane this is stunning! I love the design and the bunnies look so cute!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Jane!! What a lot of work, but of course well worth it. Just love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jane and such a clever combination of stamps. It is elegant, and cute at the same time. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design, I've been toying whether to get one of the inkadinkado cogs , love the precision of the circle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this card the moment I saw it and wondered how you managed to be so precise. Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful card Jane, I haven't tried one of the cogs but maybe it should go on my shopping list. You've used it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the circle of grasses, looks brilliant. Great card x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jane this is beautiful I adore the bunnies and that circle is fab :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! I just love those little bunnies in the moonlight, and the grassy circle makes the perfect frame. Great job as always Jane. xx

    ReplyDelete