Followers

Wednesday 16 April 2014

A bit of Green Gelli!

Good morning to you all
Today it is a lovely day and I am hoping that this sunshine will see off this cough I seem to have kept from the recent flu I had...It also has left me a husky voice so I mustn't ramble on too long!

I had a really great play with my Gelli plate on Monday and got some smashing prints off it that I will be using to make cards!

I noticed that yesterday was the start of the Sweet Lilac flowers blog challenge so I decided to have a go and make a card. The theme is monochrome so it really wont matter what I do as long as I stick to all shades of one colour!

I went with green.

I used one of my gelli prints and using the Clarity stamp Kasha and the sentiment to see the world I made this card. I used my whispers pens to colour Kasha as this doesn't affect the acrylic paint. I had stamped her and the sentiment in Black archival. I also went over the gelli print with Willow adirondack to add to the overall colour of the print and it seems to bring out the shapes in the paint

I then used the vine at the top of the picture and added some shading under her feet again using black archival.


I added some sweet lilac flowers in white.
I put a fine line around the outside of the picture. Then I mounted it on to black then green cordinations card which I sanded slightly for a better effect. I mounted this onto an 8 x 8 card blank.


Here is my finished card





















Hope you are having a good day.


Happy Crafting 


8 comments:

  1. This is so elegant Jane and I love the colours .... Good Luck with the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is stunning Jane, I love the background and beautiful muted colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Jane, Thanks for entering the Sweet Lilac Flowers Challenge...and good luck. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love the finished result you obtained with this. good luck in challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely Jane, so delicate and femanine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I didn't know I could use whisper pens with acrylic paints, this is really an eye opener for me. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete