Followers

Saturday 26 April 2014

Happy Saturday!

Well good Morning to you all. I am off to Preston this morning for the Clarity NW workshop run by Maria Simms. And a great day we are going to have I am sure. Its all to do with the meltpot today and the clarity seahorses! Oh so exciting...I even got up a whole hour early!!!

A quick share today too of one of the samples I did for the last Claritystamp show. It uses one of the lovely flower and seed head stencils....They are so good for a quick but impressive card.
Oh and I used the sentiment 'May the road' in the centre. I stamped and masked this off first...a square post it note just fit over it perfectly. 
I then placed the stencil on the card and using spice marmalade and mustard seed distress inks I brushed over the stencil to create the background. I also used an orange fineliner to add definition to parts of the stencil. I lifted one side of the stencil so I could remove the post it note. I replaced the stencil and then without adding any more ink I brushed over the square to make it look like the seed heads were behind the words.
I the matted and layered it onto a piece of yellow card then on to an 8 x 8 card blank. I added some flowers and that was it.

Have a great day and let me know if you drop by today...I love getting comments

Happy Crafting
Love and hugs


11 comments:

  1. Lovely card, this stencil is going on the list x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I think I need this stencil - and the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jane. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its lovely Jane. I know you will have a great day with Maria and the melpot. Looking forward to seeing your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful Jane, I love what you can do with stencils. Hope you have a fab day with Maria and friends x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Jane and loving the sentiment. I hope you had a fabulous day with Maria. I had a lovely time in St Helens at my demo day :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card ... Thank you for sharing how you made it x
    We had a fab day didn't we? X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Jane , and glad to hear that you had a brilliant day. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card Jane and I am glad you enjoyed your melty day x

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card Jane oh for an ounce of your talent x

    ReplyDelete