Followers

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Home

Well I am home after a really busy and stressful day! So what better way to chill out and write a blog post showing you my 'home' card from the last clarity show.

I wanted to do a monochrome card but then I had the idea to highlight the O by making a coloured scene inside it using the re-mountable set that was with the Home stamp.

Here is the card

I started off by stamping the Home in Archival Black ink. I also stamped it onto a piece of A4 paper and onto a sticky note to make an inny and outy mask.
I put the mask in place so that the O was open and stamped the scene inside it in black adirondack ink. I drew the pathway from the house door to the gate. I coloured the house with promarkers and then used inks to do the path sky and grasses. I then swapped the masks to cover this scene up. I used the fineliner pen to extend the pathway into the picture.I used a make up sponge to add grey to the pathway. I added a moon mask then used the brushes and makeup sponges to do the sky. All this was done using the black ink pad so that it was all shades of grey.I used torn paper to add mountains and hills and shade to the foreground and added trees using the miniature stamps. I also used the shrubs to do the grasses. I then added the cats and dog to the picture before mounting onto black then grey card then onto a card blank. 

Hope you enjoyed reading today's post. Leave me a comment please.

Happy Crafting



6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Jane, love the scene you created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, the contrast between the monochrome and the coloured bit is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jane. It's like you're looking into the future in your new home and It's all rosy and warm and welcoming. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspirational. You are so talented. I love the combination of mono with that highlight of colour. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Jane its so clever and I love looking at it. xx

    ReplyDelete