Followers

Thursday 27 March 2014

Garden Birds (or in other words Big tits and Little Tits)

Good evening to you all! I thought I better get a wriggle on and show you another couple of my cards from last months shows. 
The Garden birds caused a bit of a stir and a bit of hilarity among the design team and also the regular readers of Barbara's blog. We were all waiting for giggles on the show regarding the Blue tit set but Barbara was professional as always and didn't once use the tit word in the whole show.

Anyway here are the two cards I made using this set of stamps. 

This one was done on parchment. The Bird was stamped in blue ink then embossed in clear powder. 

It was then coloured from the back to add shading and dimension. 

The feeder was stamped in black on the back and then dry embossed with a fine ball tool onto a mouse mat. 

The branch is actually half of the split tree. 

I then put the parchment onto a piece of double sided adhesive sheet and attached it to a piece of grey card stock. Then it was matted onto a piece of blue then 
attached to a card blank.

The next card was made using a Gelli print I had kept from a Gelli plate session and I had used the doves stencil to to it. I trimmed the edges as I didn't want the white edges on...It wasn't even which was probably why I didn't use it originally. I used the blossom and the small birds to create a little scene and added clouds very gently behind them.

I coloured this with promarkers and edged the central square with a brown fine liner pen.
I matted and layered this onto brown then blue card then onto an 8 x 8 card blank.
I do like these stamps and am so glad they have been so popular! 

Hope you have a good evening! Leave me a message if you can.

Happy Crafting









14 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Jane love them both x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, the gelli print background looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful TI... Garden birds Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, I've not tried parchment paper yet, love the effect x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these - and especially the title of your blog! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Jane...and yes it has to be said...great Tits!!!!!!. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great what you have done with parchment. second card is my fave. it's super xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just had to call the blog that, you could'nt resist and I gave to dat it made me smile. Beautiful cards Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous Jane, I do love the birds. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Tits Jane, the cards are great too. Love the parchment work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jane I just love the Parchment card! The way you stamped the Bird Feeder from the back was just spot on giving more dimension to the scene. I love working with Parchment and you have inspired me once again to get mine out and have a play. Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. I love the other card too by the way. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Jane. I particularly love your big tit. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane, sending you a big hug for Mother's day. I feel the same as you so just wanted toshare the hug from JO. xxx

    ReplyDelete