Followers

Sunday 23 March 2014

Just another Sunday Morning!

Good Morning to you! And to all that have headed off to the NEC I hope you have a great day! I am looking forward to another road trip with Brenda and Jo next Saturday to Port Sunlight for the Happy Stampers show...Its always a good one!

I thought I would share two of the cards I made for the last Clarity show today using the freesia stamp and the Mother verse

I stamped the freesia onto a piece of Theuva card and coloured it with promarkers. I then rounded the corners to make it look like a topper and edged the card with yellow ink using the clarity brushes. I stamped the verse onto an off cut of the theuva card and rounded the corners and inked that to match.I found some lovely spring colours backing paper...I don't often use backing paper these days. I also found a piece of ribbon that matched the green on the leaves and arranged all the elements onto a 6 x 6 card blank. I added brads at each corner to finish it off.

The next card I wanted to look very different so out came the watercolour card and I stamped and embossed the freesia stamp in clear detail powder. I then used my cosmic shimmer paints and plenty of water to create a background for the freesia.
I matted this on a piece of pearlescent card then onto a pearlescent green card blank which had been cut to suit the topper.

Hope you enjoyed looking at them today.
Please leave me a comment to let me know you dropped by.

Happy Crafting 






5 comments:

  1. I liked this one when I saw it on C&C, but I didn't buy it because both our mothers are now gone and I just felt funny about it. then I decided I was just being silly and the flower is lovely on its own and could be used with loads of other sentiments or even without, so I was going to get it at the NEC, but forgot it and got sidetracked. So it got added to my extra order of all the things that there was no room for on the Clarity stand and Jo's favourite Chinese Lanterns stencil. I love the way you have done the one with the cosmic shimmers. I might have a go at that with my Twinkling H2O's as well. Have a good time at Port Sunny. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, the second one is particularly stunning. Good call Margaret re H20s, I have some of those. Enjoy Port Sunlight, next show for me is Doncaster Dome in June xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite is the second one love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cards and beautiful freesia stamp. just bought it from nec so now need to play xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous as always Jane. Looking forward to seeing you at the happy stampers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete