Followers

Saturday 22 March 2014

Happy Saturday

Well what a lovely morning it is! But clouds are beginning to appear and I'm sure this sunshine won't last. However I have nothing much planned for today or tomorrow apart from some secret stuff.
You will of course see that eventually!
In the meantime I want to share with you a card I made for the last Clarity show! I used the word chains, the blue tit and the journalling set to do this one.

I started off creating the tag. I inked it first in brushed corduroy and espresso and spritzed it to create the background. Once dry I stamped the word CREATE in the corner and surrounded it with the faux stitching stamp. I stamped the bird in the top corner but off the page to make it look like it was flying in and I used the sprig stamp to make it look like the bird was carrying it.
I then used the other stamps and randomly filled the space.
I darkened the edges of the tag and that was that part done.

The background was created by randomly stamping the script stamp and then I used the dragonfly from the good luck set ...oh and I added the ladybird from that set to the tag! I then used the word ART, brushed around the edges with ink and my background was done.
I mounted the background onto a brown card blank. I added a ribbon to my tag and then mounted this onto the background and the card was complete. 

Please leave me a comment if you have popped by today.

Happy Crafting


7 comments:

  1. I like this Jane! Loving the colours. Just love the journaling stamps...not used mine yet...have to get my finger out as they say. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like how you've used these fab stamps. Great colour choice. Looking forward to seeing your next secret projects x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the tag and the colours used xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely soft colouring, Jane. Where do you get your tags from. I don't seem to be able to find that size or style anywhere at the moment. Until I saw Maria at the NEC and now you, I had not really thought about using just a part of that blue tit, but it is so effective. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought this tag from Port Sunlight show last time! Always useful to have in! xx

      Delete
  5. Maggie I got some great tags in craft card from Sainsbury's it thats any help! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane
    Sorry I have been absent for a while - I have just been very busy. We are having a weekend away and have just arrived back at the beautiful apartment in Lomand castle where we are staying so I thought I would just visit everyone's blogs whilst I have a minute.

    Love this its fab great colours too. CAn't wait to see what you come up with next month xx

    ReplyDelete