Followers

Saturday 1 March 2014

Flower Power

Well good morning...sorry I am a bit late posting this but it's been a bit of a hectic and stressful week for me.
Thankfully I had had last week off and had done all my samples for the show tomorrow and for the challenge blog! I think if I said OFSTED then you will understand!

Anyway on to the new Challenge...

Last month I think you really enjoyed the challenge as there were so many entries and all really lovely which makes it hard to choose the top five but when they are announced well done to those people. And well done to the winner ....enjoy spending your prize.

This month as Spring is just about on us then the subject is a great one. FLOWER POWER. It reminds me of a fancy dress competition I did when I was younger and me and my 3 friends went as the Flower Power Girls...all in vivid colours mainly purples and greens so I used that memory to make my card.

Here it is.

 I used the flower framer kit and the insects from the flower border classroom set.

I started off by cutting a piece of clarity card into a square and then stamping the word flower into the centre using currant Adirondack ink. I blotted it well!!!

I then covered it up with a post it note and using the pansy stamp form the flowers I just filled the card completely with flowers. Again I used the currant Adirondack ink. I blotted that and then left it to dry.

I then cut myself a mask for the O and then removed the post it note and filled the O with flowers. I stamped the dragonflies but I did them ink blot plot and then the ladybird...well I think I had to!

Then it came to colouring the flowers. I made sure I had a piece of paper to cover my work and rest my hand on as I coloured every pansy with 2 purple and an orange promarker. I also added colour to the ladybird but went for a pink not a red!
I used a brown fine liner to edge round the space where the word was then matted and layered on to a piece of dark brown card then purple before I put it on an 8 x 8 card blank.

Hope you take some time to visit the rest of the DT cards on the blog...there are some stunners this month!

If you visit here please leave a comment.

I'm off out today to help Amy move house...oh my baby is all grown up! 
Have a great weekend and don't forget Barbara is on the telly tomorrow with some really fabulous stamps.

Happy Crafting



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jane and it packs a punch. Explosion of colour, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours. A lovely card and thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lt of flower power Jane! Must have taken an age to colour in that little lot! It's stunnung and I adore the colours you've used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Jane. I love the green background - it really makes the flowers pop. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, bright and cheerful. I know exactly what you men by the dreaded 'O' word. Hope it went ok for you all. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card as always Jane. Can sympathise with the O word , been there done that never again I'm pleased to say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very bright and cheery Jane. Loving the colours you have used. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've certainly got into the flower power theme Jane, you must have spent hours colouring all of them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Jane perfect fit for the theme and all that stamping and colouring of the flowers must've taken ages - worth it thought as it is really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow....Jane, great card and all that stamping and colouring...a real masterpiece....and perfect for the theme....truly Flower Power...
    Hope the move went well today, and that you can relax tonight....hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Jane, love the background and the way you have used the Flower stamp.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it lots colouring brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty Jane, such gorgeous colours xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope all that colouring relaxed you Jane!!
    Such a fabulous Flower Power card must have taken some patience to do all that masking. Fabulous inspiration xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the patience,all those little flowers to colour lol. Stunning project Jane x

    ReplyDelete