Followers

Tuesday 18 March 2014

A Family Home

Well hello! 
After a busy weekend with some of it spent over at the GNPE in Harrogate I thought I would share another of the samples I made for the last Clarity Show. 

For this one I made a small canvas using some of the techniques I had learned ages ago at a workshop with Hels Sheridan but using clarity stamps.

I found two or three backing papers I could use to make the background and set to cutting it up then gluing it on to the canvas until I had filled the entire area. I then brushed over the surface with a matt acrylic varnish with a touch of cream acrylic paint mixed in to make a more even coloured background and to take any brightness off the paper. I then used the journaling stamps to randomly stamp. I also used the miniatures from the home set. 

I cut two small pieces of white card and inked in in Brushed corduroy Distress ink and stamped the words  home and family. I then covered the card with 3 layers of versamark and UTEE and then stamped the words into it to give a 3D effect on the words.

I stuck these on to the canvas and stamped the word And to make the phrase Home and Family. 

Here it is finished
























I do like to hear from you so if you drop by please leave me a comment

Happy Crafting 


5 comments:

  1. Lovely. A good way to use the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that looks fab, must have a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jane, love the sentiments and the pussy cats.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely canvas Jane , and what a great day we had on Sunday...x

    ReplyDelete