Followers

Wednesday 28 May 2014

A house by the Sea

Good Evening to you. It's been a bit of a miserable day here weather wise. But I have felt in a great mood so all is peachy! It's amazing what a holiday does!

Anyway I want to share with you my last sample that was made for the last Claritystamp show at the beginning of May.

It used the town stencil and grunge paste. I started off by cutting a piece of centura pearl card and attaching the stencil to it with masking tape. I then applied the grunge paste to it, carefully removed the stencil and then left it to dry. (Remember to wash your stencil straight away.)

Once the paste was dry I used my craft knife and drew some extra lines in the paste for bricks and slates and on the road part. I then put the stencil back on it to protect the white lines and sponged inks to the different parts of the picture. I trimmed the white border.

I chose bright colours for the houses....they remind me of the houses that you often see painted bright colours in seaside resorts.

I found a piece of backing paper with similar colours and with bunting on it. I used this to back my card and I also cut out some of the bunting to go on the card as an embellishment.

Here is the finished card


Anyway I hope you will join Barbara on Sunday morning 9 - 11am for the next instalment of Claritystamp genius!

Happy Crafting




7 comments:

  1. This is so bright & colourful, really uplifting on a cold wet day. Definitely like a seaside town so the bunting fits beautifully...must go now to book my seaside holiday. Another stunner Jane! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colours, must get this stencil x

    ReplyDelete
  3. funnily enough i thought of gingerbread houses as soon as i saw this. and the optical illusion it creates looks like the white lines are embossed. lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, love the colours the house look very summery and remind me of being abroad on a hot summers day.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these vibrant colours - beautiful piece of artwork :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards, I am so glad I found your blog x

    ReplyDelete