Followers

Saturday 24 May 2014

Lapwing Lane

Good Morning....Time marches on and I realise I have not posted much recently....I have been so busy I hadn't noticed that it is nearly the end of the month and I have only shared one of my last months samples with you. Slap wrists and all that! So I'll share two with you today just before I head off up to Preston and have fun at Maria's Clarity NW class....we are playing with the Gelli Plate today....I cannot wait!

Lapwing's are fabulous looking birds...a bit comical at times but have that air of attitude and I think Clarity have really captured that in the stamps.

The first card I did with them was this one which I used the cog off the inkadinkado set to do the circle of smaller lapwings in 2 different colours. Then I stamped and  heat embossed the bigger one in to the middle. I added some shading under his feet using a bit of torn paper and a make-up sponge. I added some very faint clouds around his head. I then brushed the corners of the card with brown before I matted and layered it onto an 8 x 8 card. I finished the card with a brown pearl in each corner


After that one I then wanted something different with the Lapwings so I used the stencil of the bulrushes and blues and greens to create this card. I used the lone tree stencil to create the ripples in the water.
I stamped all the birds in espresso ink and then used a pale green and blue promarker to add shade to them. I stamped the bulrushes along the bottom and the 'with love' in the to corner. I matted and layered it on to an 8 x 8 card and added 3 brown pearls to complete it.


Well I must dash...I have things to do before I go out. Hope you have a great Saturday whatever you are doing.

Happy Crafting




4 comments:

  1. Such great cards Jane. I love them both but the scene really hit the spot. Hope you have a great day with Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jane, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and half term. Your cards are just gorgeous as always.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jane, finally found half an hour to have a look in blogland, these are fabulous, the scene is fantastic, great to see you yesterday, enjoy the rest of half term xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Jane love them both x

    ReplyDelete