Followers

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Woodland Creatures

Well it won't be long until Barbara is back on the telly with more fabulous products! In fact its this coming Sunday when she is due to be on our small screens with her fabulous demo's. So I better get more of last months samples blogged for you!

These all used the Woodland Animals set. I really love the stag in this set and it always makes me think of the Stag picture that used to be up at my parents in laws home. Monarch of the Glen I think it was called! They loved Scotland and my father in law has now lives there. 

So I thought I would use the woodland stencil and create a scene that made me think of the highlands .... in the Summer I have to add!



The next one I used the tree scape stencil which I ran through my grand calibur and then brushed with inks to create the wooded background. 

I then stamped the stag and other animals in place. I added the garden twine.

I then was looking for an embellishment to finish it off and was lucky enough to fine the little wooden squirrel.

The next one with the woodland animals just used the owl and the cottage stencil. I used the inny and the outy to do it! 
I got into my head the film from Dusk to dawn so used the wheelie stencil to to that as the words. I used the owl to do the background on the card blank.



For my final card I wanted to use just the stag. I brayered the sky and the hills. I had masked the moon first then removed it to do the hills and mountains. I stamped the stag into position and then I added vines and grasses to make it look as though you were looking through the trees and wooded area into the clearing where the stag was standing silhouetted by the moon light.I added shadow under the stag and on the ground. I darkened the edges of the picture making sure it was dry first!

I used the best wishes at the bottom of the card.



Hope you enjoyed the samples today.

Happy Crafting







6 comments:

  1. Fabulous set of cards, Jane - I have to confess that the stag is one of my favourite stamps - he just looks so magnificent, especially in the settings you have given him xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Jane each and every one xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Jane - I just mentioned to Mandy B that I've got my nuthatches and a few other stamps now, including the woodland set, (and most of the new stencils from last month too), these are inspiring, so I hope I'm in a creative mood this coming weekend! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely set of Sample cards Jane, have a good week off work...enjoy...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW These are fabulous Jane! Oh to come to yours and have a play day that would be my one wish :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to come during my hols as long as you don't mind my hubby and doggy being here too! xxx

      Delete