Followers

Sunday 11 May 2014

When is a box not a box?

Well its a full week since the last last Clarity Stamps Show on Create and Craft so I thought it was about time I blogged one of my cards.

I have been seeing a lot of those pop up box cards and had had the instructions given to me by Jan Holmes.... one of my FB friends. She very kindly gave me a very simple set of instructions using my Hougie board, to make a box from a piece of A4 card. So I set to and made the blank box.
It worked perfectly and so now all I had to do was decorate it!
I found some nice backing paper I had on my PC and printed off some sheets onto a decent quality paper
I put the black paper on first the added the other paper.

I wanted to use the lapwing and the moor hens to look as though they were in the grasses and reeds of marsh land where they would be quite at home.
I stamped them all out in espresso adirondack onto some theuva card and added a bit of colour using my promarkers. I also stamped some grasses and bulrushes. I then set about cutting them all out leaving a tiny border round each part. I almost gave up the idea when I was doing the bulrushes!!!

I cut two long thin pieces of card which I used to attach the two birds in flight. The flock of birds I stuck to the back of the box. I added the large lapwing to the back layer surrounding him with bulrushes then added the two smaller ones to the front layer again with bulrushes but not as tall. The grasses and the moor hens were added to the front part of the box.
I created a topper saying home from the word chains set....such a useful set of words....and that was it! I find it amazing that all this folds flat!



Here's a close up of the top part of the card!


Anyway that's it for today. Hope you have had a lovely weekend! 

Happy Crafting






14 comments:

  1. Must have taken ages to cut those bullrushes etc out; well woth it though as it's a beautiful card. Afraid I bought a pack of pop up box card blanks at Harrogate but can use one as a template now. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jane although it does look quite complicated to make and as for all the cutting out you have had to do to achieve this very full look, well it must have taken you and age to do !! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looked ace on tv Jane. love the browns used here xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane!! I have been wanting to try one of these boxes for a while now...maybe soon...LOL!!! Yours is so BEAUTIFULLY done!! Thank you for your comment on my blog and for your support!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it Jane an awful lot of cutting out there! - would be interested in the dimensions for the box card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw at last I have been dying to see you blog this ! I love these card in a box cards..but when I saw this I thought... 'Annie, don't even go there'... I would lose the will to live cutting out those bullrushes and tiny embellies .... but it really is a beauty and well worth the work involved xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane, I am so loving your pop up box! Beautiful papers and love how you have used the stamps to create this scene.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane
    It's been a while since i last visited you so sorry but i just love the gorgeous and beautiful pop up box ,fabulous design and colour's
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favourites from the last show, my local group are going to be trying this box card in a couple of weeks :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Jane. Such a lot of work but totally worth it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow jane, this is stunning!! I love it!!
    kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Jane, love it! I'm having fun with the pop up boxes too.Wx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing work Jane - I love it! Can you show me how when you come down? Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete