Followers

Thursday 1 May 2014

It's all about the words

Good Morning to you all and what a morning it is.....start of a new challenge on the Clarity Challenge Blog and for this month we are thinking all about Words!
I think we under estimate the sentiments and words we use on a card but it can be critical. 
Anyway I decided that for this challenge I would decorate 3 boxes that I had bought from the MDF man at Harrogate show. They would eventually be going to my daughter for her flat....sorry duplex!

I started off painting them in gesso then cream acrylic paint. I then dry brushed some brown acyrlic paint over that to get a grained effect....I almost stopped there as they did look lovely. 
However I persevered and stamped onto tissue paper with lots of different clarity stamped but with garden in mind....leaves, flowers and vines....then I did dragonflies and feathers ....oh and the birdcage. Then I needed some words....so I chose the sentiment Count your Garden by the flowers. 
I used versafine inks in all different colours. Then came the task of cutting out and splitting the tissue into single ply. 
Once I got this done I was ready to start putting them on to my boxes...lids done first tops and inside then the box sides were done. I used slap it on to attach the tissue.
It did take me a while as I had to let them dry in between layer application...thank goodness I had nothing much else to do!!!

Several coats of matt varnish were applied once I had done all the images then then edges of the boxes had gilding wax applied and that was it
And here they are.
Hope you like!

Happy Crafting



18 comments:

  1. Jane your boxes are stunning, what a fantastic project and a real keep-sake for your daughter! I think your right about the importance of using the right words, it can make all the difference! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your daughter will be delighted with these Jane. I love the tissue paper technique, it always fascinates me that you can't see any tissue once it's added to the project.
    MDF is perfect for this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project Jane and I am sure that Amy will love them. The tissue technique is a real labour of love....but always gives stunning results. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! Such a beautiful project. Lucky Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, they are wonderful and I'm sure your daughter will give them pride of place in her duplex. So much work involved. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they're fab Jane and I'm sure your daughter will too. You can see the love that's gone into them. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just beautiful Jane. Your daughter will cherish them xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Jane these are fabulous, I am sure your daughter will treasure them forever.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see these being a treasured gift for your daughter, hope she loves as much as I do xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they are absolutely wonderful... a real labour of love. To make one would be amazing but three .... Amy will treasure them for always they will become an heirloom xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What amazing boxes - there is nothing else to say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous boxes. a true labour of love. lucky daughter xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a lucky daughter. Thank you mum. They look lovely and amongst other things are keeping my new watch safe at night time x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for being late on patrol this month - yesterday ran away with me .

    You have done it again girl - fantastic absolutely lovely and as I can see from your Amy's comments she is chuffed to bits

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow these are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are fantastic Jane - you will be taking commisions, won't you????

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jane, wanted to let you know how much I love your boxes. x

    ReplyDelete