Followers

Saturday 3 May 2014

Sunny Saturday!

Good morning all and welcome to my blog for today.

A sunny Saturday morning and Colin is out side doing a bit of painting on the house...the decorating bug has bitten him! I myself am having a lazy day...saving my energy for going out tonight with Nicola to see Sarah Millican at the Apollo Manchester! Should be good.

Anyway tomorrow is the next instalment in the Clarity Stamp story and Barbara Gray will be showing off the new stamps for this month and you will not be disappointed...they are fab...as are the new stencils too! I can't wait to see how she uses them and to see all the creations form the rest of the design team. They will be all getting very excited this weekend as they are off to France on Tuesday. Unfortunately due to my work I am unable to join them this time.

Anyway I realised I have not shown you all the cards from last months show so here are the cards I made using the boy and the girl in flight stamps. They are so lovely and were accompanied by the most wonderful accent stamp which could be used alone or with the main stamp. 

The first I used the arch stencil with the tangle stencil over it to create a background. I brushed just two colours of ink over it but where they overlap you get more appearing. 

I then stamped the image of the boy and the branch at opposite corners. The filled the space in the bottom right hand corner with one of the words from the word chains....they are just perfect to fill in.
Matted this onto a piece of black card then on to an 8 x 8 card blank and added 3 tiny gems under the word just to finish it off!

I then moved onto the girl stamp. For this I started off using the circle stencil which I brushed without the insert in very pale pink then added the insert and added some more ink.
I then used the poppy stencil but off the page. I used a make-up sponge to do the poppies so I could direct the colour better. I then stamped the girl the grasses and the sentiment. 
Without adding any more ink to my brush I took the whiteness off the card in all four corners and the edges of the card. 
I matted onto 2 tones of pink card then added it onto an 8 x 8 card.

For the next card I was going to use both but I wanted to have a very different background so I go my spray booth out! (Its just a box plastic box really but it sounds posher to say spray booth!) 
I used 3 colours of dylusions sprays and used the matt side of centura pearl card to spray on to. I left it to go completely dry.



I then cut this down saving the piece I cut off.
I then dusted the card in talc before I stamped in versamark ink and embossed it with some Cosmic shimmer powder. I love how it looks black then in some lights it has red tones. As you can see I used the boy and the girl and both the branch and the gasses to create the card.
As you can see I used the piece I had cut off to make the sentiment.

Here it is finished.

I hope you all have a great day today and  watch out for the sneaky peeks that are about of what the design team have done. There were a couple shown yesterday and today there are more planned! 









Happy Crafting








  



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous samples, I particularly love the background on the third card, so vibrant and spring like x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous cards Jane. Shame you can't join the party in France. But I suppose in teaching you must lead my example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say, the first card is my favourite. I just love the boy with the birds stamp set. I really need this one. I am really into the stencils at the moment. Just can't get enough of them. Needless to say I am now a gold member!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wanda...and glad to hear you are one of Barbara's Shiny happy people!!! Hahaha! So am I! xx

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous as always Jane, I love the last one with the beautiful background you have created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Jane. Thank you for sharing with us. It's such a shame that you can't join the DT in France. A career in teaching means that you can never choose when to have time off work. At least you have July in kent to look forward too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Jane. Thanks for your lovely comment on my Blog. Judy x

    ReplyDelete