Followers

Sunday 1 June 2014

It's a man thing!

Well Good morning to you all. Barbara is on the telly in a bit but I want to share with you the card I did for this months Clarity Challenge. The new theme of the challenge is Masculine and with Fathers Day coming up really soon it's a time when we can all think about those special men in our lives.

Last month we had some stunning entries ....you keep on coming up with such great entries....and well done to the winner. I hope you enjoy spending your prize and look forward to seeing what you do with it! Well done also to the top five...it gets harder every month to choose these.

Anyway back to this month and here is my card.

I wanted to use things I hadn't used in a while so I decided to get the alcohol inks out and used orange and green and a touch of gold. I added random dots of these to my felt applicator and dabbed it all over the card. It was a bit bright on the first run but I added some blending solution and that toned it down. I then left it to dry.
Whilst that was drying I did the background on the blank card using the crackle stamp and the Sunset stencil I think it gave a nice random feel to the background.
I then turned my attention to the toppers. I cut one piece of the card I had done to a 12 x 12 cm square and another piece to 12 x 5.5 cm. on the smaller piece I stamped the sentiment Be the change in to the centre then surrounded it with the NDC fossil stamp. On the larger piece I randomly stamped the NDC fossil stamp in first and second generation black archival ink turning card so the stamp was not always the same way. I blotted this well then left it to dry properly. 
I rounded the corners on both parts of the topper then matted them on to gold again rounding the corners then onto black card. I left the corners square on this. I arranged the toppers and attached the one with the sentiment on with foam pads to give it some dimension. 

Here is the completed card. I hope you like it.


Why don't you have a hop over to the other DTs cards and projects? If you click on their projects it will take to over to their blogs...go on ...you know you want to. 
Oh and don't forget to enter the challenge..there is a prize of £50 worth of Clarity Vouchers for the winner who will be selected randomly form all the entries. It could be you!

Happy Crafting

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jane, I love what you have done here, I too haven't taken out my alcohol inks for a while..so much stash lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jane, yes those men of ours are so difficult to make for. The background is great on the card and I really like the subtle tones of the inks you have used. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Jane and perfect for that special man in your life!
    Love the way you've used the alcohol inks on the background.
    Sorry I'm late on parade this morning but I've been enjoying our Barb on TVxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Jane. The Alcohol Ink background works really well with the fossil stamp. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Jane, love the design and gorgeous colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Jane and the use of the alcohol inks is fab. Hope you have had a good weekend. I am looking forward to seeing all the entries this month, I think it will be another great Challenge....hugs Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card and really achieved with 2 stamps. brill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love alcohol inks and this stamp... my goodness your card is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete