Followers

Saturday 14 June 2014

God Speed the Plough.

Well good afternoon to you all! I hope you are all having a lovely Saturday! I have nothing planned this weekend so I thought I would drop in a blog post for you of of one of my last samples. It used the 'God Speed the Plough set and the Abstract Squares 1 Stencil. I also used the trees from the Oasthouse set.

I started off creating a Gelli Background using pale blue acrylic paint and scrunched up paper for the first layer. I blotted out a lot of the paint from the centre. I then did the next layer using bronze paint and the stencil which I blotted. I left this to dry then added a buff titanium layer of paint which I blotted with Scrunched up paper then added the small piece of card and then pulled the print. I think it gave a distressed look to the background and I had a nice aperture to create a scene. 

I used the ploughed field stencil and the silhouette stamp of the man and plough. I also added the small trees form the Oasthouse set to complete the scene. Adding shade through the stencil to areas of the field really brought it to life. I also brushed ink around the white border to soften it!


I mounted it onto a piece of brown cordinations card that had a blue core and sanded it back to show this then onto an 8 x 8 blank card.
I stamped the sentiment onto a separate piece of card and added some ink to tie it in with the main picture. This was added to the finished card with foam pads and a couple of roses on each side finished it off. 


I hope you like it.
All the items I used and be found on the ClarityStamp Website. 

Have a great weekend what ever you are doing. 
Happy Crafting
Love and hugs

XX

3 comments:

  1. I just love this, Jane you have created so much atmosphere. I've got this set and you've inspired me to give it a go thanks xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jane, love the background and the scene you have created. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete