Followers

Saturday 21 June 2014

A few hops and an Oasthouse!

Good morning to you all! 
Today some of you are lucky enough to be going to the second day of the Clarity open Day. I would have been there if I didn't have to work yesterday but I am not able to choose when I take my holidays unfortunately. So I will just have to have a play-day on my own! It will make me feel better and I will be there in spirit with all the rest of the team who are down there. I will be doing Clarity DT stuff and starting my next samples!

I thought though I would show you two cards I did for the last clarity show using the Oast House set. I do like this set....the hops make a beautiful border and the little trees are so useful in scene building. The Oast house itself is fabulous and really does look like the real thing!

The first one I did with a bit of thinking outside the box. I wanted to get right away from scene building and decided to do a pattern instead using the 3 stamps from the set. I stamped the Oast house then turned the card 90 degrees then did it again until I had 4 stamped forming a square in the centre. I filled this square using the trees and then on the outside I linked the Oast houses together using the hops. I then coloured them all with Promarkers and brushed the corners with brown ink. The topper was matted onto gold then brown craft card then onto an 8 x 8 card blank. I stuck 4 gold card candy in the corners. 


For the next card I used UTEE and mica powders to create a tile then stamped into it with the stamps. I had used brown craft card to do this onto to give the background some colour. The mica was added to the final layer of UTEE and it sinks into it as it is melted. The stamps were inked up in brown archival ink before they were stamped into the UTEE

Here is the tile. 

I then mounted this on to gold mirri card then on brown card before it was put on to a 6 x 6 card blank.





Here is the finished card


I hope you enjoyed looking at today's cards.
Have a good weekend.

Happy Crafting

xxx

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous Jane, love the beautiful layouts and stamps. Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete