Followers

Friday 1 November 2013

It's Christmas over at Clarity

Good Morning to you all and today sees the new challenge start over at the Claritystamp Challenge Blog.

It is also my eldest Neice Danielle'e 18th birthday so Happy Birthday to you Dani....I can't believe you're 18 already!!!

This week has been a good week...half term hols are where I can just take a breather from the constant rush it seems to be when it's work. However I seem to be cramming a lot into this week too although not it not the same type of busy!

Anyway enough of my waffle....on to the challenge. Last Month we saw some stunning entries and so congratulations has to go to the winner and to the top five.

This month has to be Christmas....and I know the DT have got some stunning projects and Cards for you to look at. I hope you will visit all their blogs and see how they did them.

Here is my Card for the challenge. Its quite a simple one to do really.
I used the kings and the nativity stamp sets from the recent run of Clarity Christmas stamps. I also used the music score We three kings.

To make the card I took a DL card blank and masked it off so just the centre was showing about 1" (or 2.5 cm). Make sure you use a very low tack masking tape to do this! 
I then took 4 bright colours of distress ink. I used Mustard Seed (Yellow), mowed lawn (green), worn lipstick (red) and Salty Ocean (Blue) and blended blobs of colour randomly over the centre part. Make sure there is no white showing and over lap the colours slightly. I then stamped the music score in black archival. Change the stamp direction so you get a true random feel to the centre strip.
Remove the masking tape ....carefully. Stamp the three kings and the nativity scene and the star into place and use a black micron pen to complete the banner part and neaten it up. And thats it! Its quite easy to change the look of this card by altering colours and width of the central banner, and no worries about extra postage costs as its all on one layer.

I hope you feel inspired to have a go at the challenge and remember there is a voucher of £50 to spend with Clarity. Just remember that any stamps you use to make your card MUST be from clarity.

Happy Crafting



14 comments:

  1. Great card, as usual Jane. I love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the non-traditional colours for Christmas makes a refreshing change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your bright backgrounds... I'm definitely pinching this one this weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Jane and the bright colours are so you ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Jane so simple and elegant.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Jane as always but love the Nativity set xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colourful card Jane. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glorious Jane...With such vibrant joyous colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Jane. Love the bright colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this Jane really vibrant colours in the middle make a really refreshing change for a Christmas card -not red and green . A very inspirational idea x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find this really inspirational Jane - such a lovely change to have such vibrant colours for a xmas project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Jane...love the bright colours ....I really must get some cards made....especially now it is November...have a good Clarity weekend....Crafty hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card Jane. I was trying to work out if it was pan pastels or inks, the colours are so vibrant, lovely. Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete