Followers

Thursday 31 October 2013

Cakes and Fishes

Well last two cards form last months clarity Samples. I don't have a lot of time to give you all the deets but felt I needed to get them on today as the next shows are this weekend and then I will have even more to put on.

These were special cards. As Barbara was doing extra shows over the Clarity weekend starting on th eFriday she had asked the DT to help her out and do some demo set ups. These were my two. The first one didn't get used as the set of shapes for the letterbox kit sold out so quickly and not surprisingly really.

Here it is.

As you can see I had used the tags to create an advert for a Cake Sale. I had also used the miniture Kitchen set which I love and it makes the most adorable cards...large and small!

It took a lot of masking and I was grateful that we now have masks for the shapes as it saves so much cutting out. I had to make masks for the cakes but at least they are easy shapes to cut out.
The inks I used are Adirondacks - butterscotch and espresso

The next card was a bit more complicated and I was thrilled to see Barbara use this on on the telly and yes for those of you who saw it I was shouting instructions at her as I watched it!!!

I used clarity card for this and the cling film trick where you brayer the card with ink then spritz a piece of cling film with water and layer it over the card scrunching it up so you get lovely texture to your back ground.
I then let this dry and then stamped the fish and coral onto it. I coloured the fish and coral with promarkers. I also brushed ink through a piece of sequin waste to add bubbles.
 
Over the top of the card I put a piece of acetate that I had stamped the coral onto in black archival ink. Turn it over and colour the reverse with promarkers. That way the ink won't bleed. Attach the acetate to the clarity card using brads to make it look like a fish tank.

The backing paper is a piece of paper that I used to mop up the ink from my splodge mat. This meant it was the right tones to match my card.

I finished my card off with a fish embellishment.

And there you have it!


Happy Crafting



8 comments:

  1. Jane these cards are beautiful you are such a talented lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Jane, I love the fishies!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Jane, I do love the fishes with the fabulous scene you created.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Jane and a great demo piece! I can really believe you were shouting at the TV... I know I did! Lol xxx fantastic weekend, fantastic samples Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards, especially loved the fishbowl effect x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked the aquarium card when I saw it TV so it's good to see it here. The cake sale is fab too. Reminds me of summer fĂȘtes. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely Jane. my fave is fishy one xx

    ReplyDelete