Followers

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Winter Bbrrr!!!

Well I suppose it has to come sometime but it's only Winter on the Clarity Blog Challenge! It seems a mile away when you look at the sunshine outside as I write this but it will soon be here according to the weather forecast! I do hope it is'nt as bad as they say! Blog challenges may be the thing to do on the darker evening and in the safety of your warm house

Last month we saw some amazing entries for Vintage. Lets hope this month we see you create plenty of wintery Entries. And remember a winner will be chosen at random so its worth having a go as there is £50 of Clarity Vouchers at stake! So the Challenge this month is Winter.
Here is my project that can be seen over at the Clarity Challenge Blog.

I thought I would use a snow globe I had bought form Home Bargains! It would only have cost me about £1.50 to buy. It had a removable bottom and you are supposed to use it to put photos in. I took the label out and used that as a template for the size of card I needed and cut two pieces of theuva card to the correct size. I then created two scenes using the  Snowscape stamp and the Winter wonderland stamp set.

I used Denim Adirondack ink to do the stamping. I added a bit of glitter to the snow flakes and once I had done both pieces of card I then inserted them into the globe and sealed the bottom. The globe makes the scenes look bigger than they actually are! Here is a picture of both sides.
























I think it makes a nice decoration to have out over the christmas period and could be left out until the spring!!!
Its worth keeping you eyes open in shops!

Thanks for dropping by! Please leave me a comment then pop back to the blog challenge and look at the other fabulous projects made by the rest of the design team ....and there are some new names for you to see this month!!

Happy Crafting

Jane xx






15 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea Jane, and such a bargain....the stamps are just perfect for this....hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane this is fantastic - I love it and what a clever idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snow globe Jane. I love making them too and those stamps are perfect for it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a clever idea Jane - brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I'm inspired by this beautiful make ... I have a box of empty baubles I bought from C&C a couple of years ago similar idea. Beautiful DT sample as always, Jane you always manage to come up with something different :) xx
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever and beautiful, the project and you of course Jane. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Idea Jane......xxxx perfect winter project xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing idea! Tops Jane tops! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea jane. might even try to 'borrow' it ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane I was looking for your blog the other day and have just spotted it. I think you project is lovely and a really good idea. What a great way to display clarity artwork too. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab work Jane and such clever inspiration too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a brilliant idea and looks fabulous.
    Love Lynn.x

    ReplyDelete