Followers

Monday 28 October 2013

Woody Woodpecker and Co

I need to share some more cards with you from the last Clarity Weekend
This time its the next classroom stamps that were briefly shown on the classroom show on Saturday. Its a woodpecker  and flower stamp and with it is a stencil that could be a tree trunk but could be so much more.

The first card I made using the flower part. I stamped the image one way then turned the paper round and matched up the edge of the stamp so it gave a big floral centre piece So glad that you can see through the stamp I then stamped it again a couple of times onto some more smooth decoupage paper so that I could decoupage some of the flowers. I stamped around the edge of the card with the large sapling tree to get just the leaves on the edge of the card. I coloured it all in with promarkers.

The 8 X 8 blank card I used the corner of the stencil and brushed through it with lettuce adirondack to create the background . I mounted the topper onto black card then on to the card blank and finished it with a ribbon and some flowers. I decoupaged some of the flowers so it gave it a bit more dimension.

The next card I made using this kit was this one.

For this I used a double sided adhesive sheet and stamped the woodpecker to one side of it. I stamped the verse where I wanted it to go to look like the bird was clinging to it! I then covered it up with a piece of acetate.

I used a white pen on the reverse of the woodpecker to make his white bits stand out more and a red promarker for his head and under his tummy. I used a mixture of gilding flakes and mica powders to create the background to the wookpecker. I stuck the stencil on to the adhesive sheet to act as a guide and it seemed to work quite well. Its a good job the stencils are robust as the adhesive sheets are really sticky.

Once I had made the topper it was mounted on to black card and on to a plain white A5 card blank and finished off with 5 tiny black gems. I didn't think it needed anything else on it.

Thats it for today. I hope you enjoyed looking. Please let me know what you think.

Happy Crafting

Jane xx



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Jane, I really adore how you did the woodpecker. It looks fantastic, bet its even more stunning in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jane i must use mine havent done anything with it yet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful Jane. Haven't had a chance to do anything with mine x

    ReplyDelete