Followers

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Filigraphy leaves make a Flower

Well what a fab weekend of Clarity Shows. The classroom on Saturday and the regular shows were absolutely fab! The stamps were all lovely and Barbara did the most amazing demos. All the Design Teams Samples were brilliant and I feel so proud to say I am a part of that team.

The first card I want to blog from the shows is this one using the Filigraghy leaves set.

Here it is!  I know a lot of people seemed to like this one and I nearly didn't send it in! It was quite simple to make and used embossing and decoupage of the stamp as the main techniques.   
The first thing I did was stamp and emboss the full image twice onto some black card using mica boss powder. this goes sticky when you heat it! I then added the gilding flakes. I used the Variagated Copper ones. I pressed them onto the mica boss and then gently rubbed off the excess.
I cut pieces out of one of the shpaes and cut down the lines to the middle section so I could shape it more and curl the leaves to add even more dimension.

I then took a piece of black card and cut a square. I stamped in the image in each corner with versamark and embossed it in clear detail powder. I matted this onto a squre of jade green pearlescent card and then onto a white card blank.
I then added the first layer of the 'flower' and then the second ond I glued by the centre on to it making sure the leaves were well curled on the second but still lined them up. Quite a simple card really but so effective I think. What do you reckon? I'd love to know.

Here are some more shots of the card. You can really see the dimension on this one!






And this one is a close up of the 'flower'




To all those going to the NEC this weekend have a great time and I wish I was going but funds won't allow at the minute!!

Happy Crafting

Jane xx




 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jane, I won't be going to the NEC either so will just be the green eyed monster envying all those that are ..... lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was my favourite card of the show. love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Jane, the background compliments the feature flower beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one Jane. It was my fave of yours - I love the black and gold and the dimension you've got in the flower. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Jane and glad that the Mica Boss worked....it looked fab on the TV too...hugs Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Jane I love it ...wouldn't the flower make a fab brooch xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, I'm going to have a go at that xx

    ReplyDelete