Followers

Sunday 10 November 2013

A whole Lotta Roses

Well Good Afternoon to you all.
What a lovely bright and crisp morning we have had and the afternoon looks like it will be much the same! And for all those who ventured out to centataphs and churches or wherever for a remembrance ceremony I am sure you were glad of the respite in the dreadful weather we are having!

For you today I have another of the cards from last weekends clarity Shows.


This one used the Squiggles Stencil. Its a really lovley stencil and it can be used on its own as it has been here or with the Rocky blocks stencil to get loads of cool patterns.
 
I firstly created my background on the gelli plate ....best thing to come out in ages I reckon...using the stencil with some sequin waste and bubble wrap to make more interest.
I did a couple of layers blotting it each time to create white areas.
I left this to dry and stamped and embossed my roses on to a piece of theuva card. You need to be quick! I used butterscotch adirondack ink and clear embossing powder. I then coloured them in promarkers and cut them out!

I cut some die cuts from silver miri card.

Once my background was thoroughly dry I inked over it in Butterscotch adirondack ink. I also brushed around the edge of the card with the ink to soften the edge. I used the clarity stencil brushes to do this... they are so lovely to use.

I matted my background onto some silver miri card and then onto a 8 x 8 card blank. I arranged the roses and the flourishes, leaves and butterfly onto the background and attached with glue.

Here is a different view of the card I think you can see the roses better on this one.

I hope you are having a good weekend and enjoy the rest of it!


Happy Crafting

Jane xx






3 comments:

  1. Jane this is lovely and a fantastic gelli print xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow this ist totaly amazing love your design a lot!
    xoxo SanDee1899

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Gelli creation! I love the finished card too Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete