Followers

Tuesday 12 November 2013

A bit of Sunshine

Well it's Tuesday and feels a long way off to the weekend! But its been a reasonable day so all is good.

Todays Card is using the Sunshine stencil and the next classroom stamps, Rise and Shine, the cockerel, and the swallows.

I love this stencil and had the idea to make a graduated colour wheel but try and still make it look like a sun. I picked out all my reds yellows and oranges from my collection of distress inks and decided on which I was going to use. I finally decided on nine and that meant that 2 arms would be coloured for each colour! I used the smallest calrity stencil brush to do most of the work but then used a make up sponge in the corners to really give good definition.

I then stamped the rice and shine words in the centre and the cockerel and swallows to complete the topper in black archival ink.

I brushed aound the edges with the stencil brush but without adding more ink just to take the white off the edges.
I mounted this onto black card then onto a cream 8 x 8 card blank. I finished it with 3 black gems in each corner.

I hope you like it

Happy Crafting

Jane xx

7 comments:

  1. Fab choice of colours, really like this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you've done with inks here xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Jane this is stunning! Love it!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what we need on these dark days Jane, thank you! Xx. Lovely card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Jane. The graduated colours look fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Jane - brightens up a Winters day great idea using graduating colours xx

    ReplyDelete