Followers

Tuesday 14 April 2020

Love, Laugh and Dance

Good afternoon to you all and welcome to the new followers. I hadn't noticed that I have had a few new people join me on my blog and that is lovely to know.
So how are you all doing in this weird time... I say weird as it looks so nice outside with brilliant sunshine and bright blue skies, yet we know that if we were to go out and meet up with people as we would normally do with this type of weather we could become very poorly. So we stay at home and keep safe.... if we have any sense that is!
How do you pass your day? I am lucky that I have a hobby that I can do that I can easily become absorbed in and before I know it 3 hours have passed! Colin also has his hobby which takes him out into his man cave ...means I can get all my stuff out and make a mess! 
Anyway I was hoping to have had new stamps today to make samples with but they didn't arrive. Our post only seems to come once a week at the moment!  Instead I finished my doodle that I started with Barbara this morning then did another one. Then I decided to make a card using one of the Leonie Pujol stamp sets. It's the adventure one.

Here's what I made


Here is a step by step of how I made it.
This is what I used.

The inks are mermaid lagoon, Wilted violet and Picked Raspberry.
Cut a piece of stamping card 13cmx19cm 

Brush with baby powder or an anti static pad.

Stamp the mandala using versamark. I used a stamp platform so I could restamp it 3 times. This gives you more ink for the powder to stick to and gives a better result. Leave the stamp on the stamp press.


Add white embossing powder and heat emboss. Put the card back on your stamp platform turning it round so the top is now the bottom. Repeat the last step so that you have the mandala at the top and bottom of the card.

Now use a blending tool and the 3 inks to make the background 


When you have the depth of colour you want use the little stamps in the set and the different inks to add detail.

Now use a fan brush and splash with water. Blot it with a paper towel.

Do the same again but this time with the 3 colours of ink with water added 


Dry it off. I gave it a quick blast with the heat tool but be careful not to overheat the embossing.

Stamp the words from the set and mat onto a piece of black card. Attach to the front of an A5 card then add some words from Leonie's sticker collection.

Hope you like todays project. Leave me a comment at the bottom to say hello and let me know what you think.

Happy Crafting 






4 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea. I do love that stamp set. I may have a play myself when I finish my samples. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art - love the bright colours! Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to see that your pictures have been returned to your blog. I was intrigued when I could see your step by step but couldn't see what you had made. Well worth the wait - this is lovely Jane, especially the pink! xx

    ReplyDelete