Followers

Wednesday 8 April 2020

A bit of some Doodleology!

Good afternoon all! I hope you are all ok! 
It has been a very lovely day today. Bright sunshine and quite warm too! The only downside is that it brings people out when they should be staying at home!.
I can't sit in the garden as if I do I end up with bites and stings and I don't want that! But it is nice to see the sun and have the windows and back door open ….makes a big difference to how I feel!
I have been enjoying doing the doodles with Barbara every morning at 10am on the Claritystamp Facebook page. Or it's on You tube if you want to catch up later with it.
I decided to carry on with the doodle theme and use the Doodleology stamps to create a card. Here is what I made.




Ingredients
Distress inks - Rusty Hinge and Chipped sapphire
Onyx Black Versafine Ink 
Black fineliner
Stencil card 
Black card
A5 card blank 

Start off with the largest stamp out of the set and the two distress inks. Leave the stamp on the acetate to use it rather than putting it on a block


Ink up the stamp with the rusty hinge ink and then lightly spritz the stamp with water(don't overdo this) then stamp it on the card. Repeat using the blue ink trying to get the blue over the orange.

So you should end up with something like this.


Trim the card around the stamped area back 

Using the two ink pads and a fine paintbrush colour in the open areas of the stamp. 
Let it dry.


Stamp the sentiment and the fly away boy into position. I used a stamp press and versafine ink. You could use archival ink.


I used a black fineliner to go around the outside of the stamped area the matted it onto a piece of black paper then onto a card blank.

I hope you like what I did.
Please let me know in the comments below.
If you have a go feel free to post on social media but please tag me in so I can see how you did.

Happy Crafting 



6 comments:

  1. Love it Jane. It works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, so may well have a go in the next few days Jane.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this
    , so may well have a go within the next few days.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Jane, will definitely be giving this a go as I have the stamps just haven't got them out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane
    Your creative artwork is awesome mate. Thank you for sharing and giving us what we need to try this for ourselves .
    Take care and stay safe Theresa 🤗

    ReplyDelete