Followers

Friday 10 April 2020

Gratitude for doodles

Good afternoon all! I hope you have had a good Good Friday. I decided to sit outside today for a little while and found a perfect spot that was away from the main part of the garden. I suffer if I get bitten or stung so I can't sit on the lawn as this is where I nearly always eaten alive! But it was nice to sit a while and get some fresh air. I am not sure if Colin was pleased though as he was working in the garden and I was chatting to him......no escape from me today! I might do that again tomorrow if the weather is as nice as it says it's going to be!
I think it did me good as I came in and got on to do a step by step card to share with you. It is only a very simple one but it can be easily changed by using a different word or using a different colour.
So here it is. 





 Ingredients
Cracked pistachio Distress Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Stencil card
Low tack tape

Start off by taping off a section of the card. I cover the parts you want white with tape to avoid smudges.

Using the square stamp from the set mask off the edge then ink up. Remove the tape then stamp this over the area you have masked off. 

 Mask off both sides of the stamp and repeat the stamping making sure you stamp touching the previous one. Continue masking and stamping until the panel is filled. Leave to dry. 
Now get a brush and the distress ink.

Brush the ink over the top and bottom of the panel building up the colour next to the tape but leaving the centre of the panel paler.

Carefully remove the tape and using a fineliner pen draw a wobbly line along the top and bottom of the panel. Then stamp the border along the panel as shown.


On a piece of spare card stamp the word and then use a blending tool to add ink around the edge.


Use a black sharpie pen to edge the card. Attach to an 8x8 card blank then add the word with 3D foam.



I hope you like the project today. Have a go if you like but if you do please let me know how you get on.

Happy Crafting 




4 comments:

  1. Cool idea for a quick but impressive card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Jane and it is so suited to a variety of colours too. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Jane . I have a different stamp set but I am sure I can adapt to suit. I will give it a go. xx

    ReplyDelete