Followers

Wednesday 1 April 2020

A proper gem....or not!!

Hi all. Thanks for dropping by. I wish you could. I think that's the biggest thing I am missing with this stay at home malarkey...actually seeing people face to face. But As long as we do as we are told we will come through this and be able to venture out in good time. So for now make the most of being at home.....read a book, or write one! Be creative-draw, paint  doodle, make things. Whatever you do enjoy the moment and allow yourself to focus on the task in hand and not on what is going on out there. It will ease your anxiety and help you cope better. 
I am loving the doodle sessions that Barbara Gray is doing on the Claritystamp Facebook page. I even found a little journal in my crafty stash that I am doing the doodles in. It will be good to look back on and say this is what I did.
Anyway enough waffle for now. 
I posted a card showing faux Gems on Facebook the other day and a few people have asked me what I used and could I blog it. So here it is.

Ingredients
Diagonal Bold grid A5 square GRO-GG-40201-12
A4sq Framework Squares GRO-PA-40721-15
A4sq Framework Circles GRO-PA-40722-15
A5 nested Rectangles GRO-PA-40524-04
Celtic Numbers GRO-WO-41241-XX
Celtic Corners GRO-PA-40872-03
Pink parchment

1.Using the square framework plate emboss the three squares then use the circles to add the frames and gem circles inside the squares. Emboss the smaller numbers and the sentiment in the centre one.
2 Use the rectangle plate to create the outer border. Use designs off the Celtic plate to fill this border in randomly.
3. Colour the gems in the top and bottom circles.
4. Emboss the grid pattern then turn over and perforate in the grid design. Perforate around the outer border.
5. Cut around the outer edge and within the grid design.
6. Mount onto pink paper attaching with mini brads. Add to a card blank.
7. Add the white highlights to the gems using a white pen and add the flowers to the centre.

Please leave me a comment below to let me know what you think...or just to say hello.

Stay safe and happy crafting xxx








4 comments:

  1. Hi Jane. Thank you firvgge instructions on how you made this lovely card. I must have a go at making the gems. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing how you made this very pretty card. I am loving all this crafty knowledge that is being passed on - trouble is not enough hours in the day to do everything but certainly make sthe days fly by x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saying "hi" to let you know that I am reading your lovely posts and enjoying seeing the pretty parching. Thanks for the directions to this beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete