Followers

Sunday 12 April 2020

A couple of old bags!

Good afternoon and a Happy Easter to you all.
Welcome to the new people who have recently started to follow my blog! I am pleased to have you here. I do hope you find something of interest here. Leave me a comment on here if you do!
It's been a very quiet day here but to be honest I don't mind that as I can just do whatever I like and I don't feel pressured to have to go out and see people. That makes me sound like a real hermit but those of you who know me properly know I am not! But I do think that at holidays people feel that they must go a visit people but of course this year we absolutely cannot! 
I thought I would play with the Rocky Block stencil again today and include another product of the month and use the Handbags & Purses stamp set . I have made a card and done a step by step for you too.
Here is what I did and now you understand the blog title.



I used the stencil and the stamp set, a piece of stencil card plus 4 distress inks and Leonie's sticker set.


Here's how I did it.
 

Stamp the bag then mask off. Stamp again so they overlap then mask that one too. (I had cut some out before I remembered I had the masks! But I used the handles as I didn't want to cut those out!)


Now attach the stencil with some low tack tape along one edge so it acts as a hinge.

Brush the yellow ink through the stencil 


Take the stencil off and turn it a quarter turn, then brush over with the pink ink.
Turn it again and brush with blue and then again with the green.




Remove the masks.


Draw a wiggly line around the stenciled shape with a micron pen
 then edge the card with a black sharpie.

Colour the bags with promarkers

Put a shadow under the bags with a grey promarker.


Attach to the front of an 8x8 card blank then add a sticker sentiment.

I hope you like the card today and that it has inspired you to have a go. Don't forget you could change the focal stamp to anything really or just do the background and use a silhouette stamp. 

Have a lovely evening.

Happy crafting and stay safe.









4 comments:

  1. There's no need to refer to yourself and Lou like that Jane lol. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your title for this one - I just had to scroll down quickly to see if I was there!! Fab card - love the subtle background and strong colours on the 'old bags' really pop. Stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Jane and such clear concise instructions. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete