Followers

Saturday 11 April 2020

Rocky block doodle

Good afternoon all . 
Isn't it a beautiful day. I do hope that you have been able to get out into your own outdoor space and enjoy this sun we're having but keeping safe and well at the same time.
Actually I think just seeing the sun and having the windows and back door open makes you feel better.....well it does me. It lifts my mood and that helps keep dark thoughts form creeping in. It is hard not to dwell on things at the moment but I am trying to limit the amount of news I look at during the day and I am trying to keep busy with lots of things. 
I have been enjoying doing Maria's online stamping class. Her classes are always a highlight of my month with fab projects.  But with the virus they have had to stop but Maria has worked out how to continue with them online. If you fancy doing one of her classes you can contact her direct through Facebook....you will not be disappointed I can promise you that.
I was looking at the Claritystamp website earlier and saw what the products of the month are. One is the Rocky block Stencil. It's fab! So I thought I would dig it out and do a few projects with it over the next few days. I will probably include some of the other products of the month too but I will highlight those as I do.
Today I thought I would share with you a sample I made back in July 2019 ...awwww a very happy month that was (Amy and Matty got married). 

Here it is. I thought it fitted into my recent theme of doodling too.


I don't have a step by step today but its actually very easy to achieve.
All you need is a piece of 7 x 7 stencil card, the rocky block stencil and a black micron pen. These are the pens that Barbara has been using when doing the doodle sessions on her fb lives over the past week.
Attach the stencil to the to the card with some low tack tape so its like a hinge at the top.
Use a black micron pen to draw around all the stencil to give you the outlines.
Remove the stencil then doodle in each section with a different pattern. I coloured the eye in to add a splash of colour. You could change this by doing something different in that section.
Edge the card with a black sharpie pen then mat onto a piece of card to reflect the splash of colour you added.
Attach to an 8x8 card blank then add one of Barbara's stickers. Job done.

There are a few clarity stencils that you could use if you look through your stash 
If you have a go let me know. I would love to see it if possible
Happy Crafting


6 comments:

  1. A nice reminder of a lovely occasion. Cool card Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great project Jane, when I go upstairs I will dig my stencil out & have a go. I have done a few pieces using the doodle stamp from the other day. I have left them to dry before going on to the next stage. Thanks for keeping us busy with these little projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is one that you can do watching the TV if you wanted to! Glad you're enjoying them! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great creative idea, love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card - bet you were totally chilled by the time you had finished all that doodling. xx

    ReplyDelete