Followers

Friday 3 April 2020

When is a flower not a flower?

Afternoon all! 
How are you all doing? Keeping safe and well I hope. 
I really had to think what day it was today especially as we had no power this morning! Whole area had a big power cut. I lasted about an hour so then we had all alarms going off! Thankfully as people were home they didn't stay on for ages!
Did you watch Barbara on the telly yesterday using the new stamps by Tina Cox? They are really lovely. I decided to craft as I was watching the shows and as I had the floral stamps to hand I decided to use them. But I wanted to do something a bit different. I also had out the March NDC stamp. So that was used too. I also sneaked in one of Sam's Ovaly stamps. Such good fillers!

Here's the card I made.






So where are the flowers I here you ask. Well I used the filler in stamp from the poppy set. Tina's Poppy Spray Unmounted stamp set from Claritystamp.com STA-FL-10960-A5

Here is how I did it.


Take a piece of stencil card and the brayer. Ink the brayer with chipped sapphire distress oxide ink and blend it on the blending mat





Roll this lightly over the stencil card. Barbara calls it walking the brayer. 
Repeat this with scattered straw distress oxide ink. You want a very mottled look.

Now spritz the ink on the blending mat with water

Dip the edges of the card into the ink trying to get it all around the edges but leaving the middle free of the wet ink. Allow to dry or blast it with a heat tool.

Stamp the sentiment in versafine ink then use the filler in stamp in the yellow and blue oxide inks to stamp the circles randomly around the page.

I used two sizes of circles to do this.
Use the yellow and blue ink with a fine paintbrush to fill in the colour of the letters. Also use the dots from Sam's Ovaly stamps to add more texture.





Edge the card with a black sharpie pen and mount onto an 8x8 card blank.

I hope you like what I did.

If you want to have a go please feel free to try but if you do please acknowledge me if you post it on social media.

Stay safe and well. Happy Crafting. xx





1 comment:

  1. Loving this anc am going to have a go - thanks Jane 😀

    ReplyDelete