Followers

Friday 8 March 2019

Wonderful colours


Hello there and welcome to you! I thought it was about time I blogged something else for you! It's been a while but things got a bit busy and something had to give! I really do not know where the time has gone but I cannot believe we are in March already. It will soon be July!! 

I have samples to do today but can take things nice and steady as the rush of the NEC stuff is over and my in try isn't too bulging with things to do. 
Who is going to the NEC? I am not going this time round. I would love to go but it is just so expensive to get there and get in and that's before I buy anything so I will be staying put! I am sure that if you do go you will drop by the Claritystamp stand and say hello to Barbara and the rest of the Clarity gang! They are such a lovely lot! 
Anyway I thought today I would share with you a sample I made for the first lot of Leonie's Stencils. They are so cool and great as backgrounds and lend themselves to so many different techniques. I did this one with alcohol ink on yupo paper. If you have never done this get some and have a go! It is amazing stuff! 


Ingredients.

Leonie's frameless stencil

Wonderful  Wordchain stamps

Marigold and friends stamp set (Infill stamp )

Alcohol inks greens yellow and pink

Blending solution

Yupo paper


1.  Place the stencil over the yupo paper and tape the stencil down to stop it moving.
2. Use a felt to dab alcohol ink through the stencil. Add texture by adding sequin waste dabbing blending solution through it. Add gold mixative to some areas. Remove the stencil and let dry.
3. Stamp the wonderful  and the marigold in Black archival (be careful not to slip). Heat set it with a gentle heat tool. Don't concentrate the heat in one place for too long!
4. Edge with a black sharpie and mount on a card blank.

That's all from me today. Let me know if you have a go at this. Even dabbing the yupo with alcohol ink gets amazing results.

Happy Crafting

6 comments:

  1. Ohh very nice art work Jane
    I do have some yupo paper somewhere up in my crafty stash so if I do have a play I will let you cast your expert eye over it.
    Was nice to see you at Harrogate I won’t be doing NEC I think they charg far to much it’s the charge for parking I don’t agree with. Anyway you have a lovely day. Hugs 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa. Facebook won't let me put my blog on there today! It says it's spam! x

      Delete
  2. Very colourful lovely artwork. Leonie's stencils are great. it is very doubtful that I will get to NEC, we are waiting for new car to arrive and our present one is a bit unhappy at times so not using it more than necessary.Never mind I am sure Barbara will make plenty appears on TV for me to spend on. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece Jane. Yupo is such fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Jane. Have some Yupo paper somewhere and a virgin Leonie stencil, so I'm off to play! Thanks for the inpsiration x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I need to have another go with the typo and alcohol inks

    ReplyDelete