Followers

Monday 11 March 2019

Frog and Friends

Good morning all! Welcome to my new followers! I just noticed I have a few more following this blog now! I hope you enjoy what you see and please let me know in the comments! 
I am sorry I missed a blog yesterday. We had had a power cut in the night and whether that was the reason why we had no internet or TV til about 2pm I don't know but by the time we were up and running, I was busy perforating and snipping a project. I can't tell you what yet but you will find out in due course. 
Anyway here I am back again today so all is good.
Today I want to share a canvas I made using the woodland animals stencils. Mel Turner designed this one for Claritystamp. She is so clever how she draw! Her drawing though makes it easy to create great looking pieces of artwork. Maria had these on her show back in November 2018. I can't believe it was that long ago! 
Here is the result of what I did and below are the things you will need to make it and the instructions.




Ingredients
Frog and friends woodland stencil  STE-TP-00470-4S

8x8 canvas board

Texture paste that dries clear

Mica powders

Acrylic paint

1. Working on a canvas board add colour by dry brushing with random colours of acrylic paint to create a background. Leave to dry.
2. Attach the stencil to the canvas so the image is central. Add texture paste through the stencil. Remove the stencil
3. While the paste is still wet add mica powder randomly to the image. Gently tap the excess off.  Use a heat gun to dry the texture paste so the mica sticks and the paste bubbles slightly to create texture. Leave to dry completely.
4. Use a soft cloth to gently polish the mica and remove any from the canvas.

Hope you have a great day whatever you are doing.
Happy Crafting


6 comments:

  1. Wow! At first I thought that this was embroidered. Fabulous Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely result. Thank you. Need to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, love your trick of adding mica powder over the paste. I have not got the woodland stencils but I am sure I could try a different one. Thank-you Jane. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so great and now I have something new to try. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane,
    I love the colours that the mica gives over the texture paste.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea, I think I will be giving this a try. Thank you Jane for your inspiration

    ReplyDelete