Followers

Thursday 21 March 2019

An inky/parchment crossover.

Hello to you all. 

I am off out later to Stockport to meet up with a  small group of folks who are all into mixed media and journals. It's a great little group and we haven't been able to meet since December due to various things. I love going as it is one of my inky playtimes. It's only for a couple of hours but I seem to have got loads of stuff to take with me. Oh well I am sure I will have fun. and that's what crafting should be about. 

Yesterday I shared a card made with the Garden Heart stencil. So today I thought I would share one done with the stamp set. This one is done on parchment and uses a groovi plate to create an embossed frame for the heart and verse to sit in. It also has some embossing done on the reverse to create white areas within the heart design. The thing to remember when stamping on parchment is you need to let the ink dry properly before you start yo do any work on it. You stamp on the front of the parchment to get the image the correct way round. However if you want to create a reflection or a mirror image to something stamp one on the front and one on the reverse and bingo! 
Any way here is todays card and as usual the ingredients and instructions are below for you.



Ingredients.
Garden heart stamp set

Rainbow river Parchment

Rainbow River Paper

Nested rectangle plate GRO-PA-40524-04

1. On a piece of designer parchment  Create a rectangle measuring 11cm x 16.5 cm

2. Stamp the heart and sentiment in black archival ink and leave to dry thoroughly.

3. Working on an embossing mat and using the Number 3/4 Groovi embossing tool add white work to areas.

4. Use and eraser to remove the colour from the parchment then use a green pencil to colour them in.

5. Trim evenly around the frame with a paper trimmer then attach to a piece of white card with brads and then mat on a piece of matching designer paper and mount on a card blank.


Have a good day whatever you are doing.
Happy Crafting

4 comments:

  1. Love it Jane. I never seem to think about stamping onto parchment so this is a great reminder. See you later, just about to set off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this project, I am always wary of stamping on parchment or coated card because it can slip but will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Jane. I seem to have missed the last few days. Love the cards made with the peacock and heart stamps.

    ReplyDelete