Followers

Sunday 17 March 2019

Bee Happy

Good morning! It's gone quite cold again and we've been having a mixture of sunshine and showers. But the showers have been heavy and wintery! Not really what we want to see at this time of the  year. Mind you this time last year we had snow lying on the ground  so I suppose it's a little better than that.
I have a few things I need to do today including tidying up my space... It's got a bit muddled over the last couple of weeks so once I have finished mounting some secret stuff I can set to and have a really good sort out before the next lot arrives! 
I want to share with you one of the samples I did for the Groovi show on Friday from the NEC using the new tools along with the plates designed by Linda Williams plus a few extra things which I have listed below.


Ingredients
Round Picot Die and matching plate
Happy Word chain border plate GRO-WO-40563-09
Linda's Bee Plate. GRO-AN-40816-03
Wheel embossing Tool
Lozenge Perforating tool
Perga Liners
Northern lights designer card


1. Working on plain parchment emboss the single line circle using the 6th circles on the picot plate. Emboss the flowers and the bee in the circle.
2. Emboss the white work and add colour on the reverse of the parchment. Emboss the bee trail using the wheel tool.
3. Use the lozenge tool and semi perforate around the circle. Emboss a pattern around the perforations.
4. Use the 5th picot die to cut out the circle and at the same time cut a piece of blue card the same size as the parchment.  Emboss the double lines on the picot plate. Reperforate  around the circle with the lozenge. Put to one side
5. Make a wrap for the card using spare parchment ripping the edges. Emboss the bee,  the word and the honeycomb. Add colour to these.
6. Layer the  blue card and circle of parchment and attach to the designer card with brads. Attach the wrap by sticking on the back.
7.  Mat onto silver card then mount on a card blank.

I hope you like this project and if you have any comments please leave them below
Have a super day whatever you are doing.
Happy Crafting

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Jane. The wheel tool makes it easy to add the bee trail neatly. I particularly love how you've made the wrap at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this project. I have the plates & die but not the lozenge tool yet but could adapt to suit what I have got for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jane. I bought the new tools, well it would have been rude not to. I love your design. xx

    ReplyDelete