Followers

Thursday 14 February 2019

Out of the ashes!



Good Morning to you all. Its a lovely bright start here but a bit chilly and a touch of frost. But I can live with that!

I spent most of my crafting time yesterday doing things for the wedding but it was great to have Paul and Maria to watch on Hochanda as I was working! The wedding preparations are coming along really well so happy about that!

The artwork I want to share today is one of the Groovi samples I did for Maria's fantastical shows yesterday. I just loved this phoenix image. It cried out to be decoupaged which I did with the stamp but I also did a bit with the parchment.

Anyway here is the completed card and below are the instructions.





Ingredients
Nested Rectangles GRO-WO-40524-04
Phoenix plate GRO-FY-40363-02
De Boss Alphabet plate GRO-WO-40801-02
De Boss Number plate GRO-WO-40802-02
Semi Square Perforating Tool PER-TO-70021-XX
Black Parchment
Red parchment


1. Working on black parchment emboss the phoenix and the outline of the flames. De-boss the letters and exclamation mark. Use the nested rectangles to add the frame around the image adjusting the size as needed.
2. Add white work to the phoenix feathers. Remove the black colour using a pencil eraser on the parts you want coloured. Add red and yellow using Perga colours.
3. Semi perforate around the frame with a semi square tool and emboss triangles in the perforations. Reperforate and cut waste from the edge. Put to one side.
4. On red parchment emboss the fire part of the plate. Emboss parts with white work. Add red colour to some flames to deepen the colour. Rub out the colour from the rest of the flames and add orange and yellow to the design. Perforate around the flame and cut away waste.
5. Use glue runner or Perga glue to stick the flames in place onto the design.
6. Attach the parchment piece to the gold card with brads and mat on to orange card then mount on a card blank.
7. Add gold ink to the image on the phoenix and in the flames.

If you have a go at this please let me know.

Have a great day whatever you get up to and....
Happy Crafting!





3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Jane. Loved the gold on gold stamped one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Your colouring is great. I have not bought these designs but I think the unicorn might find it's way to Tamworth. xx

    ReplyDelete